Benelli Rifles VS X Bolt

Logs

So went into my local Cabela's to check out the Benelli rifles that were advertised in the Hunting Classic Flyer that starts in a few days. I wanted to check out the Benelli Bolt action rifles that are marked $500 off display rifles.

So I asked the sales guy what will the price be on Aug 10th and he was not sure. He asked his manager and they were both puzzled. It looks like the sales price will be $999.97 per the website, but that isn't $500 off the hang tag.

Reviews look pretty good on the Benelli and the action is really nice.

I was thinking of using my Cabela's points on a Browning X Bolt with Leupold 3x9 for $849. Not sure which one to buy. Looking at a 308 for deer and coyotes since I have a bunch of ball ammo already for my M1A.

Oyvay7Il.jpg

ugPykrzl.jpg

jmr40

Sometimes sale prices can be deceptive. Sometimes on purpose, but I don't think that deception is a deliberate act here. I'm betting the hang tag price is already $500 off MSRP and the ad is confusing.

I can remember several years ago looking at a jacket in a local store that interested me. MSRP was $100, but it was priced at $75. A few days later the store had an ad in the paper for a 20% off sale. I was expecting 20% off of $75. No. They actually went up to $80 for the jacket. It was 20% off MSRP.

I have no personal experience with either rifle, but the X Bolts have a good reputation. Benelli is well respected for their shotguns and their rifle will most likely be a good one too.

I'd probably lean toward the Benelli. I checked Cabela's website, and it is normally a $1500 rifle priced at $1000. You would be getting a bigger discount that way. And I'd do it just to try something I've never had.

Hard to go wrong with 308 especially if you already have ammo and load for it. You'll have a hard time finding a 3X9 scope though. No body makes them. You will find plenty of good options for 3-9X scopes though. When you understand what the symbols mean there is a huge difference. A 3X9 scope would be a 3X fixed power scope with a tiny 9mm front objective.