Benelli Nova

wolverine350

Just bought a new synthetic Benelli Nova 12 ga. it is an excellent shooter, is a little stout on recoil but tolerable, think i will order a new limb saver recoil pad for it, should be a blast for dove and squirrel hunting, maybe a pheasant or 2,, shoulders good and excellent feel and patterns very nicely with the modified choke. :D anybody else have one and how do you like it.

Bilbo56

I normally shoot Brownings but broke down last year and bought a Nova. I like it very much. I tried it on doves (with improved cylinder) one day and dropped the first eight birds I shot at without having ever shot it before that day. I was impressed!! I used it mostly for mallard hunting and did good with it each time I went out. I shot several doubles and one triple (all mallards) so the pump action didn't mess me up. Normally, I shoot autoloaders but wanted to try something different. I didn't take it out pheasant hunting last year but will give it a whirl this season. I like the ease of cleaning the gun. I shoot Kent steel for ducks and those shells seem dirty. No problem with the Nova as it is simple to take it apart and do a decent cleaning. Good luck.

tomh1426

How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?
I always thought Benellis were expensive but I could of sworn I saw a used Nova pretty cheap.

Bilbo56

I think I paid $329.00 plus tax for the gun (new). They threw in the FFL paperwork at no extra charge. It is a nice gun for that price. Guys talk about the kick using 3 1/2 shells but to be honest, I have not noticed much of anything. My Browning autoloaders have the gas system which reduces recoil so I would be spoiled. The Nova is a nice handling gun for the money.

Jeffenwulf

The Benelli pumps are sweet guns. I'm really fond of the comfortech stock on the Supernova. They also have some sort of mercury recoil reduction system that can be placed in the stock, I don't have any experience with that one. Congrats on your purchase, it's likely the best money you've ever spent.

BigJimP

The Nova is a good basic pump gun - nothing wrong with it at all. For the money especially, I think you get a lot of gun for your money.

Benelli is making a number of good guns - Super Sport with comfortech stock, Nova, Super Nova, the M4 .....nothing not to like in my opinion.

wolverine350

I paid 299.00 plus tax at academy sports for mine, and im gonna purchase a sims limb saver recoil pad for mine, as they are making on for this gun since it is simple to remove , just squeeze it in and out, is a tight fit but is a nice design, the limb saver should do the trick at 34.99 compared to a 100.00 recoil reducer and mounting bracket for it. Sims has got the know how on their pads and cut the recoil drastically, I bought the black synthetic version beings thats all they had but i have all ready camo'd it and it looks really sharp. :D

wolverine350

more camo pics:)

Attachments

• Benelli Nova 02.JPG
    Benelli Nova 02.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 448
  • Benelli Nova 03.JPG
    Benelli Nova 03.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Benelli Nova 04.JPG
    Benelli Nova 04.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 278

xd9fan

comfortech stock on the Supernova. They also have some sort of mercury recoil reduction system that can be placed in the stock, I don't have any experience with that one.

I found a brand new benelli Nova in the used section of a Gander MT for $219.
Speed dialed the wife and said "So for Father's day..."
Guy at Gander said a customer sold it to them because he won it at a ducks unlimited dinner. So anyway...
I put a comfortech buttpad on it and put the mercury recoil reduction system in the stock.
One sweet gun:cool:
the mercury and the comfortech do take to bite out of those 3 1/2 inch shells.

chris in va

Sorry, didn't like the 20ga I had. Darn thing was clunky and neither me or a couple of my friends could keep it from short stroking on occasion due to the 'catch' toward the end of the stroke.

I'm much happier with the Mossberg 500 I bought. Thing practically feeds itself.

wolverine350

I had a maverick 88 same as mossberg hard to beat for inexpensive guns, I bought the Benelli for reputation and the price was good at 299.00

Bilbo56

Last year I was wondering if I should buy a Nova or Browning BPS. Well, I bought the Nova and enjoyed some real good duck hunting with it last year. This past spring I found a brand new Browning BPS 3 1/2 at a good price so I bought it. Did I NEED it, nope, but it was so tempting. Last week I finally got around to shooting the BPS and here is what I noticed. The BPS is SMMOOOTTTTHHHHHH but it sure does kick with a 3 1/2 inch shell. The NOVA's action is not nearly so smooth but has noticeably LESS kick. I do not have any recoil reducer on either gun. Has anyone else noticed what I just described? I do like both guns.

Birdville2011

i looked into getting a nova looked and sounded like it would be a good gun, but i'm 14 and the safety was on the barrel side of the trigger, so that's not very easy for my hands to use. i went with the 870 express

DIXIEDOG

I bought the Nova tactical with ghost ring sights and 18.5" barrel last year. The poor old Maine rabbits ain't been safe since.

solocam

I bought a Super Nova and liked everything about it except the camo, I dont remember what the pattern was called, it looked like light colored blades of grass? I dont hunt waterfowl and felt the camo was to flashy looking for me, I would have been better off to have gotten a black gun in the beginning, I plan to turkey hunt someday and I grouse hunt fairly often. I got into sporting clays and traded my Super Nova in on a Benelli Super Sport (which I love) I missed the Super Nova and wished I could find a black one instead of the camo, so I ended up buying a nova, I paid $299.00 for it and I really like the gun.

jgfan1972

Just bought one

I just purchased..last night.. a black 26" 12 gauge. I traded a Charles Daly Field Hunter and $75 bucks. From what the clerk told me and what I have read, it was probably the best $75 I have ever spent. Oh and I got the recoil reducer for $30 that they just happened to have, much better than $105 new from Benelli. It does sound like I might want to check out the limbsaver recoil pad..but I will have to see how she kicks on 3 1/2 Winchester Supreme, 1 1/2oz BB.

I got mine the first year they came out. Still like it, but haven't used it much the past two years.

Guys talk about the kick using 3 1/2 shells but to be honest, I have not noticed much of anything.

Turkey loads, I agree, but magnum 00 buckshot is a completely different experience. :D

hogbody74

Nova

Is it a bad thing to bring up an old thread when you find it the first time?:confused: The nova should be able to use the Benelli gel pad which is sweet but probably more expensive then the limbsaver's. Regards
hogbody74