Benelli nova questions

Nick9130White

So Wednesday was my first day in the blinds for this duck season, didn't bring any ducks home. The ducks were few and far between and we couldn't see anything through the fog and by the time we did ID that it's a duck it was gone.
Anyway, I noticed something on mybenelli nova I've never noticed before. The pump moves back and forth a quarter inch when the pump is all the way forward. This wouldn't be a problem for me but when I'm shooting at a duck I keep a little pressure on the pump so I can pump it quick for a follow up shot if needed. But, with the pump slightly moved back, when i pull the trigger I cant pump it. I have to push it forward a little bit then it will let me rack up another shell. Is this normal?

PunchinPaper

Mine rattles but not nearly that much.
With the spring assist on the the novas , I wouldn't think you would need to pre stage your pump like that. To me Mine is the fastest of all the pumps I've used, including some well broke in wingmasters and others.

Nick9130White

So I looked at it again and it FEELS like 1/4" but the bolt is only moving about 1/8" from the carrier.

I'm not sure if that's what they're called. It's the thing you press in to put the whole bolt in the receiver I'm calling the bolt. And what the bolt is in I'm calling the carrier