Benelli Nova questions.

Nick9130White

I am sorry for postin a bunch of questions, so I decided to put all my questions on here and just add to it as I go.

So my question now is, is there a place up front to put a sling? Like in the stoc there's that place for a swivel stud thing, is there one up front?

Probably more recoil, I'm not sure as I've never fired 3 1/2shells out of one and I've never fired full power loads out of a mosin, only reduced handloads.

Yes there is a place to mount a swivel on both the stock and forarm nut.

Nick9130White

Works for me, I'd love a good challenge.

What's the biggest shot I can shoot through a "full" choke?

And what comes with the benelli nova MAX 4?

Last edited:

jmr40

With lead shot anything up to 000 buck can safely be fired through a full choke. You will likely get better results with a more open choke as shot size gets larger however.

You should never shoot steel shot of any size through most full choke tubes. Steel shot generally patterns 1 choke size tighter. Full chokes are just too tight for the harder steel shot and it could cause damage to your gun. Poor patterns at best. A modified choke generally gives full patterns with steel, IC, usually results in true modified patterns etc.

You may find a few exceptions to this. Some aftermarket tubes are specifically designed for steel. Check the owners manual, or the instructions of any aftermarket tubes you buy.