Benelli Nova Any Account?

zanthope

I have an 870 on layaway. When I went to pay on it tonight a Benelli Nova caught my eye...now I'm not sure what I want. Are Benellis any good?

hksigwalther

"Are Benellis any good?"

Is the Pope Catholic?
Do bears poop in the woods?
Does Big Foot have big feet?

Eh, they're OK. Certainly, the 870 will do everything the NOVA will do but as for me, I like the quality build of the Benellis. Nothing against Remingtons, I like my 11-87 just fine.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Zan, I'm biased as heck in this, but I prefer the 870. 40 years plus of glitchfree, heavy use will bias the heck out of most anyone.

The Nova may be an excellent weapon. The 870 has proven itself to be the standard against which all else are measured.

I shot the Geezer League yesterday at pGC as usual. Besides my 1988 era 870 TB, there was a 1959 WM, an early 60s TB,and a WM of unknown age. The early 60s TB has been owned by a trapshooter now truly ancient, who stated it's had over 100,000 rounds through it. New parts have been several stocks, and a Timney release trigger.

BTW, the 59 had me drooling, the most gorgeous wood I've ever seen on a field grade.

Get the 870, your great grandchildren will thank you. Then, if you still have a yen, buy a Nova, shoot them both, and sell the one you like the least or the one that glitches the most. I'll wager a flagon of mead the keeper will say 870 on it....

Marko Kloos

There's just something about the Nova that makes it a great shotgun, possibly the combination of many good features into a cool and handy package. It has a mag cutoff button on the pump, a polymer receiver, an easy-out trigger group, and a very swoopy design. The Nova may just be my favorite 12-gauge shotgun...and yes, Benellis are plenty good.

zanthope

Thanks for the good replies, all.

I'm left, as usual, undecided. I struggle for days over how to sign my name to a Christmas card, ya know?

That Benelli looks like a Ferrari next to a bunch of John Deere Corn-Head Combine Remingtons. They ALL do the job real well, but that dago gun has, well, a scent of AMORE all over it.

I think I'll go look at it again. The salesmen are sick of me. I'm sick of myself.

Winchester, anyone?

dZ

when i bought my Nova i ASSumed i could just buy the slug barrel for it...

now the Slug Nova has the rear sight on the receiver not on the barrel

guess i need to own 2

;)