Benelli m1 super 90 choke.

Richardscarry

Hello. I recently acquired a Benelli M1 super 90 at a pawn shop for $250. However it did not have a choke. I'm wondering what kind of choke should I get for it. I hear these older HK imports can be difficult to find a choke for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mete

You should get a set of chokes ,not just one .M1-90 chokes run on the tight side.Always pattern your load. Did you get a owners manual ? The two rings for the forend must be assembled properly or the gun will be damaged .Later guns were different ! ...Many a goose fell to mine , a very nice gun ! :)

Richardscarry

You should get a set of chokes ,not just one .M1-90 chokes run on the tight side.Always pattern your load. Did you get a owners manual ? The two rings for the forend must be assembled properly or the gun will be damaged .Later guns were different ! ...Many a goose fell to mine , a very nice gun ! :)

I did not get an owners manual, just the gun it's self. Figured I got a okay deal so I picked it up anyways. I had read somewhere that chokes were difficult to find for these early HK import models. I mainly just do target shooting and will use for home defense. What choke would you reccomend for that use?

mete

First contact Benelli and find if the present chokes will fit the M1-90.I don't know but if there is a difference you may have to search for them.Benelli should be able to tell you. Get the standard set and perhaps an extrafor special needs.
You must always pattern your loads !!! With steel BB shot mine patterned Extra Extra Full with MOD !! Steel shot has a thicker cup + already tight choke gave me a suprise ! Did the turkey thing , aim for the head !! :p
Benelli should be able to get you a manual .I have mine if needed.

krimmie

I believe mobilchokes will fit the super90. Easy to find and inexpensive compared to some other types

mete

Mullerchokes.com should have them .Don't fire your gun without chokes as you might damage the threads.

jmr40

There are lots of aftermarket tubes much cheaper that will work. Anything designed to work with the "Mobilechoke's" will fit. I'm pretty sure that is the same tube used in the Nova.

Richardscarry

Thank you all for the help! Super stoked I found this forum full of knowledgable, helpful folks!

NoSecondBest

Beretta Mobile chokes will fit and they're very easy to find. I have both Beretta and Benelli shotguns and the chokes interchange.

FITASC

I mainly just do target shooting and will use for home defense. What choke would you reccomend for that use?

Two different uses. What kind of target shooting and what ammo will you use for HD?

FITASC

HD is usually something like an IC or so (which will work for skeet as well.) If, by target shooting, you mean trap or sporting clays, then a Modified will work well.

Worc

It likely uses the Beretta Mobil choke system that's also used on other Beretta holdings companies like Franchi and Stoeger. There were older V style thread chokes that some Benelli's used and do not interchange with the Mobil, Crio, or any other current Beretta holdings tube styles.

I don't recommend to shoot a shotgun with a tube installed. You won't hurt the threads if using a softer shot material like lead, TM, etc. Harder materials like steel will damage the threads.

NoSecondBest

I don't recommend to shoot a shotgun with a tube installed. You won't hurt the threads if using a softer shot material like lead, TM, etc. Harder materials like steel will damage the threads.

I think you mean "without a tube installed".

NoSecondBest

Richardscarry, if you're interested in getting a choke or three for your gun, I just found three Mobilchokes in my reloading cabinet I'm not using. They are all extended chokes and are Cyl, Mod, and Full. I think they're Briley chokes, stainless with knurled ends, and in excellent condition. I don't shoot sporting clays much anymore and don't need twenty chokes for a few guns that all take the same chokes. PM if interested.