Belt sizing help

2tango2

I'm actually going to invest in a decent leather belt to replace my 5.11 instructors nylon belt

I'm going to Crossbreed as I have a gift card and will be getting a Super Tuck as well

I wear a 36 relaxed Jean. According to CB they measure from the center hole. If I followed their YouTube video correctly on how to size with a measuring tape my size belt would be 41 3/4 or rounded up to a 42

Based on your belt buying experiences does this sound correct? 42 seems too big and would hate to have it baggy or pulled to last hole. I guess it is easier to cut size instead of add though

RickB

I also wear 36" jeans, and my gun belts are 40"-42".
I ordered a belt from a company that wanted to know both my pants size, and an inch measurement of a belt that fits. I told them 36" and 41", they sent a belt with the middle hole at 39", and it fit me only on the last hole.
When I called, they said something like, "Belts are usually three inches larger than pants size."
OK, so why do you ask for, and then ignore, the actual measurement that I provided?
They remade the belt, but it was more of a hassle than it should have been.

g.willikers

I just measured my gun belt and it's six inches longer than my pants size, with two to three extra holes available.
Might be at least partly due to where we actually wear them.
Not around the waist, but around the hips.
And what's on it, too, like holster and mag pouches.
They can differ considerably.