Belly-Band Recommendations??

Bullwinkle

I'm thinking of trying a belly band and looking for recommendations and ones to avoid. I would carry either a Glock 27 or a Kahr MK9, perhaps a spare mag, but _not_ cuffs, spray, knife, etc,etc.

Bulldog

At the moment, I'm wearing a belly band from Gould and Goodrich. It's riding over a t-shirt, under my tucked in button-up shirt, and right below the belt line with the grip of my J-frame right behind the belt. It is holding a S&W Model 642 in a cross-draw fashion approximately 4" to the left of my shirt buttons. It also has two pockets that will accomodate spare mags or speed-strips.

I can't really chime in on any of the other makers, as this is the only one I've really inspected.

------------------
Bulldawg: NRA, GOA, TSRA, Shiner Bock Connoisseur.
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
I carried a Glock 26 in a Defender from Action Direct. Good rig, but it takes some adjusting to get a comfortable carry. None of my other guns carried well in it (printing, pinching, &c). I placed the holster pocket up under my left armpit; my build pretty much precludes a low carry.

The Defender is good and inexpensive, and you can try it for 21 days at no charge. www.actiondirect.com

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

leedesert

I use the action direct as well. Been using it for 6 months know and like it. I carry a P97 strong side IWB.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16