Belgian FN Peruvian 1935 Mauser

lamarw

I just won subject rifle on an internet auction but will not have it for a few days. It appears to be in good to fair condition and is one that was converted while in Peruvian service to 30-06. Otherwise, it does not appear to of been tampered with or modified. Hammer fell at $300.00 but by the time the dust settles with buyer's premium, shipping and an FFL fee it will be closer to $375.00.

Anyone else have one that can provide me with their perception of the old rifle.

lamarw

Thanks T. O'Heir, It is a good article I read last evening. Yes, it is stamped 30. I was looking for a 30-06; although I know the original is a more scarce specimen.

F. Guffey

There was nothing suspect about the rifle, I would not hesitate to build a rifle with the receiver.

And then there is the safety; it was the only Mauser that used a safety that was reversed meaning when flipped to the right side in was in the fire position, And there was not much that could be done when the flag was up. When the flag was up the safety was on and when on the left side the bolt was locked.

F. Guffey

Dfariswheel

The Peruvian FN Mauser was made to be a prone rifle.
That's why the safety was the reverse of all other Mauser's.
That was so the safety wouldn't hit the shooter on the nose under recoil.

Also, the rear sight is made so it can be tipped up straight over the rifle and the range markings can be easily read without lifting your head up off the stock.

I don't know about all of them but the one I owned was noticeable heavier then any other similar FN Mauser.
Mine was in the original 7.65 Mauser caliber Peru used.

I never learned exactly why Peru wanted a rifle specifically built for prone shooting.

F. Guffey

I never learned exactly why Peru wanted a rifle specifically built for prone shooting.

I have never read a response that made references to the right hand safety with the exception of methods and techniques.

F. Guffey

lamarw

Thanks for the comments. I have no plans to modify the old rifle. Attached is a picture after I cleaned it up.

Attachments

• FN Model 1935.jpg
    FN Model 1935.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 57