Before I pull the pin...

armedleo

Have an opportunity to buy a SIG 9mm Compact M11-A1 in FDE for $850 NIB.

Practicing what I preach, I will not make this purchase till I can get some input from you guys on whether or not this gun is worth the price and is the gun proven reliable. And, any drawbacks or things I should be wary of.

Thanks.

Oysterboy

That's a nice pistol. I only had a Sig P250 in 40sw and this one had been ultra-reliable. I haven't heard any bad about Sigs either.

odugrad

I've had two SIG M11-A1s. One was in the FDE. The first one I had had several failures to extract with a variety of ammo. My friend still wanted it so I sold it to him. That experience didn't sour me, I really liked the gun and later purchased an M11-A1 in FDE. That one also had several failures with a variety of ammo. I contacted SIG, they sent me a return form, fixed the problem, and had it back to me in less than two weeks. SIG has great customer service.

**I should add that the problem was with the extractor spring. SIG replaced it and it ran reliably afterward.**

Rockhound71

That's a good buy for an M11-A1. A friend/co-worker has one and absolutely thinks it is the greatest gun ever made. lol

TunnelRat

For all intents and purposes it's a P229 without a rail. The design itself is solid. Whether the QC on your particular example is good is the question. Assuming you're the first owner SIG should make it right if there is a problem.

armedleo

I had heard there were some extractor issues and that those have now been resolved. It is NIB from local distributor. I've gone over to SIG's website and saw they price it at $1200 realizing no one hardly ever pays MSRP for a production gun. But I then went over to Gunbroker and see its normally in the mid-$900 range. The price is right and the gun looks great.

Thanks. I think I will go forward with the purchase.