Before and After

taylorce1

Well I've had my mount back for awhile now and I was playing with my Camera so I thought I'd post a before and after pic.
BEFORE
deer02.jpg

AFTER
P8270241.jpg

P8270242.jpg

P8270243.jpg

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Nice rack! That antler configuration is what my father called an "antelope-horned buck", because of the height. I don't guess anybody really knows why some are like yours, others are widespread. And quite a few whitetails in south Texas are what are called "basket horned" because they sorta curl in, in front.

Ya done good, there...

Art

castnblast

I hope to kill a muley one day...That is a georgeous rack. Definitely one to be proud of. Great job...If I'd a shot it, it'd be on the wall too...Where'd you get him?

NRA4life

I think I shot his twin a few years back. I like the look of those narrower muley racks myself.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32

taylorce1

He is a plains deer from Lincoln County, I shot him off of a neighbor of my dad's. Dad still owns a working cattle ranch out east, lots of wide open country out there. I can't get over how tall the rack is I wish it was a little wider but I'm not really complaining. This is the first animal I ever had mounted, the deer I shot when I was 17 was probably a little better, but didn't have the money to have a mount done. The antlers have disappeared, think mom threw them out during my first four years in the Army.