Before & After (Pic Thread)

EdInk

Hey guys,

Let's see some before & after pics of your guns.

The before pics will be the way it looked when you got it. The after pics can be how it looks after you've cleaned, accessorized, restored, engraved or any other modifications you've done from the stock version or the way it looked when you got it.

I'd especially like to see fixer' ups and highly tricked out stuff.
(I love to see an older guns get a spit-shine and a new lease on life.)

EdInk

Really? Nobody has done a good stock refinishing, tricked out an AR or spruced up a revolver? :rolleyes:

ice9_us

nothing to notice...

I made minor changes to mine.. my tools look the same ... so it isn't cool or anything :) sorry HAHA

EdInk

I just slap some Hogue grips on 'em and call it a day.

However, I just absolutely KNOW some of you guys have turned trade-in revolvers into collector's items, reblued an oldie, splinter stocks into smooth beauties, put everything cool shy of the kitchen sink on your AR.....

Don't be shy. Show off a little. Take pride in your work and/or money spent.

If you don't have a before maybe just describe it and show the pretty one now.

superchi

I'll play, my guns' before and afters are a bit plain jane but I've only had a few years to handle them (being the ripe old age of 23 lol)

One of my first guns, a GSG-5, before
IMG_2003.jpg

After adding a collapsible stock and red dot, not pictured were mag clamps:
IMG_2756.jpg

Ending up selling it to fund an AR

My old Springfield Champion Operator
IMG_2910.jpg

Added a EGW magwell, some S&A walnut magwell grips, add in some Wilson Combat magazines and the Streamlight TLR-1
IMG_0538.jpg

Ending up selling it to fund some HK pistols

My Norinco/Hawk 982 12ga shotgun, couldn't pass it up for the price
IMG_0889.jpg

Added a railed forearm, AR pistol grip/stock adapter, and side saddle
IMG_1010.jpg

Sold it to a friend who wanted it more than I did

rattletrap1970

Slow Rust Blued llama XI-A

Hey all,

I just finished my first Slow Rust Bluing project. I bought this gun online, it's a Llama XI-A 1911 pattern 9mm. When I got it there was a few idiot scratches, and the bluing had been removed and replaced with what looked like cold bluing on about half the gun. I disassembled the entire gun and used a 3M Nylon deburring wheel to remove all the original bluing. The small parts like the grip screws, trigger, sights, etc. were Nitride blued. All the rest of the gun has about 18 applications of slow rust. Hope you like the eye candy.
LlamaXI-A-02.jpg

LlamaXI-A-01.jpg

LlamaXI-A-03.jpg

LlamaXI-A-05.jpg

LlamaXI-A-06.jpg

superchi

Part two due to picture limit:

My first AR-15, a Rock River carbine bought in the Obama scare. I paid a pretty penny to get my foot in the door. No before pictures, you can imagine a bone stock AR lol.

I added some Magpul stuff, including the MS3 when it came out in that wacky Desert Sand limited color and the MBUS when it first came out, YHM railed forearm and EOTech 512.
IMG_0850.jpg

At this point I had stumbled upon a better job and wanted to step up into buying the "high end" stuff and ended up selling this rifle to start over

So comes my biggest project yet, putting together my first SBR. I really liked the Mk18 type M4 and wanted to build a 10.5" AR for myself. I started out with a factory LMT lower and bare LMT upper. No pictures, but again, imagine a bone stock AR except 10.5" lol.

I started with the leftover Magpul gear from my first AR as well as my EOTech, added a Redi-Mag, Larue forearm, Noveske KX3, Surefire M961, and my HK USPc in the back.
IMG_2482.jpg

Later on I decided to swap the EOTech for the Aimpoint T1 in a Larue mount and add the new Magpul ACS stock (sorry for the grainy pic)
IMG_0145.jpg

I saw that Daniel Defense offered a Mk18 forearm and wanted to switch to it, realizing that it would also work with a suppressor/mount combo where the 10" rail on the 10.5" barrel would not. Unfortunately at that time, they were out of stock everywhere with a ETA of "a few months". To be a little more Mk18 style, I swapped the T1 for the current M68 CCO Aimpoint M4. For good measure I added a magnifier in a Larue mount, only to find out my MBUS rear sight would not work with it, so it became an excuse to swap them out for some high dollar BUIS lol.
IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

Fast forward to the tentatively final product; I finally got the Daniel Defense forearm in and installed, swapped the Noveske KX3 for a AAC Blackout suppressor mount, swapped the big Surefire M961 for a Surefire M600C Scout light, the TangoDown foregrip for a Larue grip, added a BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Bushmaster ambi fire selector, the MBUS for a set of Troy BUIS, took a dremel to my Redi-Mag to make it a WECSOG Redi-Mod and added a Laserlyte K-15 green laser and KNS pins for funsies.
IMG_3747.jpg

This overall took place over about two very long years lol.

superchi

Bonus post:

During this time I had also got my CHL. After selling my old .45 1911s in favor of 9mm flavored guns, I found myself wanting to switch back.

I sold my HKs and after a lot of convincing by one of my close friends, I ended up switching to a Glock 30 and liked it very much
IMG_3084.jpg

At the same time, I was able to get a 1911 I had been after for a long time, a Springfield TRP Operator with full rail.
IMG_3113.jpg

While waiting I couldn't help but mess with the guns I had. For the Glock, I swapped the plastic sights for Glock night sights and added a Lone Wolf threaded barrel. For my TRP, I had a Storm Lake threaded barrel fitted and a S&A magwell with lanyard loop installed, as well as a swap to the newer style Videki trigger from Ed Brown and some S&A cocobolo magwell grips. Both have their own Surefire X300s and Raven Concealment Holsters
IMG_35672.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

As you can probably tell, I really like wacky tactical type gear lol. Hopefully this helps jumpstart this thread

griz

Hello Eskimo,
What happened to that HiPoint? Did the whole back of the gun break off or "just" the back of the slide? Looks pretty painful:eek:

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
the laser lite caused the front end to be too heavy and it cracked at the stress point. just like the titanic.

The titanic was brought down by a laser light on the front rail!? :D:eek: That had to be one big friggin' light!

WC145

S&W 360J .38spl

Before-
160360_large.jpg

After-
SDC10436.JPG

Gun has been rechambered to 9mm (9x23), cylinder cut for moonclips, charge holes chamfered, forcing cone chamfered, action job, 1/2 bobbed hammer, rounded/polished trigger, fiber optic sight added, cylinder refinished with NP3 (Robar), CT LG305 laser grips.

S&W PC 586 L-Comp

Before-
170170_large.jpg

After-
SDC10805.JPG

Charge holes rechamfered, leading edge of cylinder smoothed/beveled, hammer and trigger bright polished, parkerized refinish, Nill Griffe grips.

Savage MKII BV .22lr

Before-
SV25700lg.jpg

After-
SDC10678.JPG

Sharp Shooter Supply stock, pillar bedded, parkerized, Nikon 4.5-16x scope, Harris bipod.

Last edited:

EdInk

Pretty cool work. Anyone have one that started out as a like cheap gunbroker/Internet deal and is now looking nice.

WC145

Then just describe it and post the after pics!

Yeah, I borrowed my before pics from the gun sites because I generally don't bother to photograph stock guns when I buy them.