been trying to find one of these for a year

bigghoss

it's payday so I went down to the LGS to see what they had and in the case was a brand new firestorm .22 pistol. 6 or 8 months ago I asked them to order me one and after calls to 3 distributors they couldn't nail one down so when I saw this baby I had to jump on it despite ordering a savage MKII TR last week. I love .22s. this should tide me over until my tac-sol TSG22 kit gets back from the factory.

184305_10150157966035219_673145218_8690735_2231925_n.jpg

bigghoss

they are more in the budget category but have a decent reputation, especially the .380 versions which look identical.

aarondhgraham

Nice find,,,

The good folk over at Bersa Chat have been awaiting the release of a once a year run,,,
They also give the Bersa/Firestorm pistols very high reviews.

You made a good buy my friend.

Aarond

aarondhgraham

Hello Amin:

The Firestorm pistols are manufactured by Bersa,,,

The 2 main differences between a Bersa Thunder .22 and the Firestorm .22 are:
The trigger guards have a different shape,,,
The Firestorm has finger grooved wrap-around grips,,,

The same goes for the Bersa Thunder .380 and the Firestorm .380.

Budget guns but with very good performance reviews.

And for people like me who like owning a centerfire/rimfire matching set,,,
They are fine little guns with a budget price tag.

Aarond

Last edited:

Smaug

Good catch, Bighoss

I've got an old Bersa 380. It is a "pre-Thunder".

Great, accurate gun.

They have the same elegant shape as the Walther PPK/S but at 1/3 the price.

The finish is not as good, but it is damned accurate. The fixed barrel blow-back design probably has something to do with it.

I look forward to a range report. I have one of these in the back of my mind now...

Congrats on the Firestorm .22. I have the version with the 6" barrel. Fun plinker, but it definitely prefers high velocity ammo ( I use mini mags).

triumph666

I had a firestorm 1911 that was a great shooter...fed eeverything with no jam ups...installed a combat hammer/trigger and full length guide rod kit

Loved that gun right up until some numbnutz stole it out of my car at work....In front of the police station no less

PSP

Congrats on the Firestorm .22. I have the version with the 6" barrel. Fun plinker, but it definitely prefers high velocity ammo ( I use mini mags).

Ditto on the mini mags. Bulk ammo was a no-go in my Firestorm.

rman43

Nice .22 bigghoss! I used to have a pre-Thunder .22 LR Bersa. It was a great little pistol and was accurate. Used to be my snake gun when I went fishing or hiking. Just another one I should have kept....:(

CajunBass

Good choice. My wife has a Bersa Firestorm 22 that she has put literally thousands of rounds through. As someone else said it likes HV (Mini-Mag) ammo, but will run 100% with it. Accurate for what it is too.