Bedding a Ruger 77 Mark II

rc

I have a laminated stocked 243 Ruger that I purchased used. The forend was sanded out to free float but it doesn't shoot very well like that. I want to bed the front lug, rear lug and forend. I am considering adding pillars. Is there a good product people like for pillars at Lowe's or Home Depot that I can look for? What bedding compound do you like that gives the maximum work time but doesn't run too bad. I believe there are some gels. What should I look for? Point me in the right direction. I want to do this right the first time. The stock is a beautiful checkered laminate factory stock.

Glockgreat23

I don't know why and this might not hold true for everyone, but in my experience, rugers shoot better floated with just a touch of upward pressure in the tip

Ricekila

Brass hose bib connection -- cut the threads off --

( pics from a 10/22 - but same printable )

23-Dec-3_zpshpd0ctk8.jpg

23-Dec-5_zpswj8mlsmm.jpg

After spin filing it should look like this --

23-Dec-9_zpsi4xo6kst.jpg

Measure stock thickness & add a little bit --

24-Dec-7_zpso8lzp1z7.jpg

24-Dec-3_zps6v2gutai.jpg

How I do it -- set in the top one so its just proud of the stock J/B weld or Agraglass in - then trim the bottom one till they just touch - then epoxy in with a tight screw --

24-Dec-9_zpsyjo1fj8b.jpg

( ^^ This pic was epoxing in the brass & bottom pillar -- then I slathered J/B on the top and sanded smooth till the brass was cleaned off )

Don't forget to use release agent on the bolt & washers --

I forgot what part # it is -- bring your take down screw --

Last edited: