Bear gun in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulaco2

DUNCANNON, Pa. (WHTM) - A black bear attacked and injured a Perry County couple early Monday after chasing their dog into their home.

Richard Moyer told abc27 News he was letting in the dog at around 3 a.m. when the bear rushed through a patio door and jumped on him. He suffered injuries to his head, face and arms.

"I know what it's like to be a salmon now," he joked after the couple came home from a hospital Monday afternoon in bandages and medical scrubs.

Moyer's wife, Angela, was injured when she stepped in to stop the attack.

"I saw him being attacked right here on our living room floor," she told abc27. "I tried to distract the bear. I don't know that I jumped on him or whatever, but whatever I did was enough to make the bear turn and jump on me."

Richard said the bear made a run back to the patio, but hit Angela on its way out and dragged her outside.

"I went outside to see the bear on top of her," he said. "I dove to get the bear off of her, of course, and that's when the bear started tearing the back of my head up."

The bear eventually stopped its attack and walked away. Richard and Angela called 911 and were treated for bites and scratches at Harrisburg Hospital. A deep wound under Richard's arm came within an inch of a main artery.

Seems bears think they should get free houses and meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.