Be honest, what would you do if you ran up on BigFoot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonegunman

Ok here is the scenario...

You are hiking in the woods in the middle of no where, armed as you would normally be for hiking. You turn a corner, and come face to face with Bigfoot, less than 50 feet away. Both you and the bigfoot are caught offgaurd and startled....

How would you handle the situation?

(Hey, I know this is unlikely to happen, but so is having defending against the Hordes the hi-cap mag guys are prepared for...)

geegee

This is a pretty timely post. I heard on the radio two days ago that the guy who admitted inventing the story of Bigfoot had died. The report said he evntually showed authorities the fake casts of the big foot prints.

Can't trust anyone anymore. Nest thing you know it'll be Santa Clause. :p geegee

AZTOY

Sorry but i would have to try to kill it. I need the money and we all know that some would pay big money for bigfoot's body.:(

Joe Demko

Shoot bigfoot. Shoot the cameraman. Shoot the key grip. Shoot the men in black. It's all a fake and all part of Their conspiracy to alter the cellular architecture of our brains. I've warned you all before...Avoid pancakes!!!!

pre-B '75

Nothing, b/c he's dead

SEATTLE (Dec. 7) - The man who used 16-inch feet-shaped carvings to create tracks that ignited the ``Bigfoot'' legend has died. He was 84.

Ray L. Wallace's family admitted his role in the creature myth after his death Nov. 26 from heart failure.

``The reality is, Bigfoot just died,'' his son, Michael, said.

In August 1958, a bulldozer operator who worked for Wallace's construction company in Humboldt County, California, found huge footprints circling and then leading away from his rig.

The Humboldt Times in Eureka, California, coined the term ``Bigfoot'' in a front-page story about the phenomenon.

Family members said Wallace asked a friend to carve the wooden feet that he and his brother Wilbur wore to create the tracks.

The nation - fascinated by tales of the Himalayan Abominable Snowman - quickly bought into the notion of a homegrown version.

``The fact is there was no Bigfoot in popular consciousness before 1958. America got its own monster, its own Abominable Snowman, thanks to Ray Wallace,'' Mark Chorvinsky, editor of Strange magazine, told The Seattle Times.

Wallace cut a record of supposed Bigfoot sounds, printed posters of a Bigfoot sitting with other animals and provided films and photos that purported to show the creature eating elk and frogs, Chorvinsky said.

Chorvinsky believes the family's admission raises serious doubts about key ``proof'' of Bigfoot's existence: the so-called Patterson film, with its grainy images of an erect apelike creature striding away from the camera operated by rodeo rider Roger Patterson in 1967.

Wallace said he told Patterson where to spot a Bigfoot near Bluff Creek, California, Chorvinsky recalled. ``Ray told me that the Patterson film was a hoax, and he knew who was in the suit.''

Michael Wallace said his father called the Patterson film ``a fake'' but claimed he'd had nothing to do with it. But he said his mother admitted she had been photographed in a Bigfoot suit, and that his father ``had several people he used in his movies.''

The disclosure is not fazing others who study such creatures.

Jeff Meldrum, an associate professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University, says he has casts of 40 to 50 footprints he believes were made by authentic unknown primates.

``To suggest all these are explained by simple carved feet strapped to boots just doesn't wash,'' Meldrum said, noting 19th century accounts of such a creature.

Chorvinsky says those early reports were mistakes, myths or hoaxes.

12/05/02 22:18 EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press.

KP95DAO

Must have been a hell of a man his own self to carry the weight to make the prints imprint into the ground to the depth which would indicate a creature which weighed on the order of 400 lbs.

El Rojo

I would shoot it. It isn't listed on the endangered species list. And there are no other regulations against shooting it, so I would most certainly shoot it. I live in the PRK too! Hell I would shoot a mountain lion if I ever saw one where I go hunting too. Problem is, I would never admit it except to the local rancher.

Abaddon

Quote:

"The fact is there was no Bigfoot in popular consciousness before 1958."

Not so sure about that, I remember hearing from somewhere that some of the indian tribes in the Pacific Northwest had stories about them.

I have thought about this before. I think its possible that Bigfoot exists, but its also possibly a tall guy in a gorilla suit pulling a gag. I would definitely draw my weapon, though, and if he showed himself to be a threat I would aim for the head. If I had enough time, I think I would yell for him to identify himself if he was a human in a gorilla suit and then shoot if he didn't.

El Rojo

You know what I just realized, after I go over to the dead animal I just shot, I hope his hood doesn't fall off or the camera guy doesn't start screaming at me from behind a bush. I might get in trouble!

pre-B '75

El Rojo,

I believe it IS protected in Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

Tree hugger types couldn't bear the thought that evil gun owners might shoot even an imaginary creature.

Sasquatch is the Indian's term for the creature.

germanguns

Bah, shoot it? I don't care about all the care-bear stuff, but it would be the most important scientific find of our time! The things so gosh darn camera shy I'm sure it's friendly. Then again, he may be the one to blame for several supposed "bear attacks"... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.