Be careful out there

Yung.gunr

Just saw this story in the local news. Thought I would share and remind everyone to stay vigilant.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...e-online-buyer-steals-assault-rifle-abrk.html

I have not bought or sold anything off of Backpage, but I sell a lot of stuff on Craigslist. Whenever I am going to sell something I always have my hand on my CCW. I feel bad for the guy, seems like he was trying to be cautious by meeting at the store. It looks like even that is not enough.

Anyone have any suggestions for those of us who sell stuff like this?

Oh and don't shoot at crooks who are fleeing. 99% of the time it will get you nowhere except trouble.

Technosavant

I can think of a few ways to help avoid this:

1) When you sell, have a friend who also has a gun.
2) Post listings in places that have a more traceable contact system- such as on TFL, where a userid can potentially be tracked back to an actual human being.
3) When you carry, use a method that can be deployed reasonably quickly. Ankle carry is pretty cumbersome if you aren't seated in a vehicle.

thedaddycat

There was a post a while back where it was suggested to do the deal across the street from the police station. Maybe have one armed friend with you and two more in another car. Have a trigger lock like a Master keyed trigger lock on the gun you're selling, just to make it a little harder. If you're a member of a VFD or Rod and Gun club, do it there where you have plenty of folks around who know you(not just strangers in a parking lot who may not want to get involved).