BDA, Beretta 84, Mak, Walther...

omegapd

Hey All,

I sometimes CC a Browning BDA .380 but am getting discouraged trying to find a nice IWB holster for it. I know the Beretta is just about the same gun, but holsters are hard to find for it also.

How does the Mak and Walther .380s compare to the BDA in length and width? Anybody know? I could easily find holsters for these two on-line.

I'm out in the middle of nowhere, GA so can't just run down to the LGS and compare guns and holsters. Thanks for any help in advance. Right now I have a decent OWB for it by Desantis but with summer getting close, I'd really like to find a holster to wear with shorts and a T shirt.

EW

Pilot

I have five Maks and a Beretta 84FS. I carry the 84FS more as its lighter. Holsters are easy to find on line. Most of the holster makers have holsters specifically for the 84. The 84 will also fit in most generic "small auto" holsters, but try before you buy.

omegapd

Pilot,

I'm looking for an IWB that hooks to the belt with a snap instead of a metal clip. I've found one on-line for a Makarov and I think that'll be the closest I can come to the 84/BDA.

Would you mind checking your 84 and Mak and seeing if they're similar enough in size to do this or do you have any other suggestions? Like I said above, there's no place I can go locally to try stuff out and I don't know anyone who owns a Mak or Walther to see myself.

Thanks,
EW

Pilot

Would you mind checking your 84 and Mak and seeing if they're similar enough in size to do this or do you have any other suggestions?

I do not mind at all. I use my Makarovs and Beretta 85FS in the same holsters. They are interchangeable. Now that I look my Beretta is the 85FS not 84FS. Same gun, its just the single stack version. As the double stack version (84) is only slightly wider, its only wider in the grip so it will not be any different.