BCM

dayman

BCM is apparently running a deal right now where they're throwing in a mod 1 muzzle break and a bolt carrier group with the purchase of any complete upper.
Of any of you all have been waiting to start another build, now might be a good time.

I had an extra moe handguard already, so now I'll have a complete bcm lightweight upper ready to go for like $550.
I have enough parts to finish another lower too, so another $85 on a lower, and I have a whole new rifle.

Tomac

Last week I purchased and received 3 of their lightweight 16" middy uppers w/free BCG's & Mod 0 comps (2 w/o handguards, 1 w/a black MOE handguard) at $439/ea..
Placed them on donor Colt 6920 lowers w/Sprinco Blue springs & H2 buffers.
Love the combo! Controllability is improved, overall weight is less and I have more handguard for my hand! *Great* deal, don't even hesitate if you're thinking of buying another upper!
Tomac
ETA: The free BCG is w/any complete upper, the free Mod 0 comp is w/any complete 16" upper.

BCM LW 16" Middy upper w/Mod 0 comp, BCM CH, Meprolight RDS, Magpul rear sight, STR stock, MOE middy handguard & grip, MS1 sling, Inforce 500 lumen WMLx weaponslight on a Magpul cantilever rail, Troy ambi mag release, ALG sling swivel and (opposite side, not visible) MFT Torch nav light on a Magpul MOE rail:

Last edited:

5RWill

Been eyeing that deal for some time. Placed an order for a 16" Mid length upper with a 13" KMR rail, mod 0 comp, gunfighter charging handle, etc. Going to be my designated 3-gun upper.

Dragline45

They are only offering the free Mod 0 comp on the 16" uppers. I missed out on the free BCG deal by less than 2 weeks when I ordered my 14.5" midlength. I emailed them and asked if they could extend me the offer and they said no since it was a very limited time offer, which has been going on for over 3 months now so apparently not that limited.

5RWill

Yeah i've been watching for a while. And those two deals have gone in hand for a good three weeks now, maybe an entire month. I had the choice of re-building my 14.5" for 500$ or selling and getting a new upper. Chose the latter. Will be interesting to see how well the gunfighter comp and charging handle work. Also am excited about the KMR rails.

HKFan9

The Comp and the BCM charging handle are pretty nice...

The comp is nice.. probably not the best comp out there.. but then again, comps offer very little benefit, dont get me wrong, I appreciate them, but I know they don't make a drastic difference in performance. The cool thing about the BCM one, is its sleek looking, not any longer or bulkier than your average flash hider, and it will still accept suppersors designed to quick attach to a a-2 flash hider such as a Gemtec Halo.

The charging handle however..... I will probably not use any other charging handle from now on, I absolutely love it. It is robust, and the medium latch is ideal for me. One handed use is a breeze with it, and it doesn't feel like I am torquing it, or going to break off the latch.

dayman

Yeah, I have the mid size gunfighter charging handle on my current msr and love it.
S agree as lowers goes, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason to go pricy, so I just buy whatever reputable, inexpensive brand I can find locally.
My LGS has spikes right now for $100, so I'll probably pick up one of those.

HKFan9

There are only a few people who MAKE the lowers for all the different roll marks.

I generally tell people to pick a roll mark they like. I have built guns for myself / friends / family / customers.. using all different types from expensive to CHEAP. I personally have not run into too many issues with most known brands.... Polymer lowers are a whole other problem however.

I have used $50 PSA Blem lowers to very good effect, so don't let price tags fool you. Stick to one you like the logo of, or the brand, and try to find a decent price. Just try to stick to a pretty well known brand.. instead of tiny start ups and you should be good to go.

5RWill

I agree with HK on the lowers. Pick a rollmark and go. Though i'm specifically going to build a honey badger lower from spikes for the rollmark alone. I love the honey badger symbol. I'm eager to see how the comp performs compared to my 14.5" mid with a PWS SM556 on it (or my brothers now). My intended use is for 3-gun and hunting. Though i have an MK12 already.. it's an entire different beast, much heavier for an AR.

I started out with the intention of making my 14.5 upper much lighter for a laser/light, and suppressor for hog hunting. Which turned into as much as buying a new upper. So then i thought i was going to go with an SBR (which i still am going to pick up one) Four months to clear a lower my dealer tells me, so i'll have an 11.5" by the end of the year. Anyhow i had planned to cut the FSB off, the PWS SM556, and take the DD rails off and put on KMR rails and a griffin armament tactical comp. Griffin's suppressors with their provided back stop are compatible with A2 designs so the mod 0 comp fits perfectly for what i'm doing. I also have a griffin tactical comp that i will probably put on an SBR.