Bayonet for Saiga??

Yung.gunr

Ok so I understand all the import issues with the importation of AKs and even more so with the bayonet and or bayonet lugs. My question is.... Is there any laws keeping me from putting a bayonet on the Saiga I will be converting?

A follow up question is... If it is not illegal does anyone know where I would get the lug and how difficult it would be?

Any input would be appreciated. I am thinking it would be kinda cool to have it on there.

I know I know... It wreaks of "tacticool", but I assure you that is not my intent. I am mainly trying to get as close as possible to the Russian issue rifle as possible with limited availability of parts and $$$.

This would be better and more usefull.
ltWSvCvmYOnALYl3YAn9vwRNIAuI_ZWfQd8g8MI90F8QcNWNjRbSSmme3K_W9WHf2MDRUm9JADvicnylMPmo1fuSxoMDQtIHf8j8pUvNl9i2itxjlOST0fBr-Zbuy-Ku15rjHxhQePXxXLSF78ypZKK0UwFebF0s1X-H66o2Qwy8rByTxJNNmoW35SopTrgCqRAZfeVpiXgkCQLuenItJCN-_ejSG8424s7ekY8sZt0PWUvv-nbj0i2Cy0NYdvFDKpgcvaDcCeOIptYPagaLf7g4MtRL0xEvS0H8wBym0ZBL1Q

http://www.google.com/products/cata...DuaiTu-QL9GfsQL37-TBBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ#

bejay

might check kvar for the gas chamber block with a bayonet lug seems like alot of work for a bayonet might as well go ahead and install the correct lower hand guard retainer and front sight while your there and thread the barrel if its not threaded.
most of the parts can be found if you search for them however they may not all be russian but may very well be compatible with your barrel.

KaNcEr

Im not a lawyer by any means, but I own 2 AKs each with there own bayonet... I would say no, its not illegal, in my state anyway. I would suggest asking some officers around your area.

As far as where to get a lug, I would suggest K-var.com. I havent checked but that would be the first place Id look.

Good luck

Willie D

If you do a full conversion it won't be illegal, if you added one to an unconverted rifle you would be adding a prohibited part.

You can replace the front sight block (FSB) for one with a bayonet lug (and threads for a flash hider while you're at it) but this step is a little bit trickier than a straight, bare bones conversion.