Barricade

Rifleman1776

I went to three local gunshops yesterday trying to buy some Barricade. None had ever even heard of it. :mad:
I spent more on gasoline than the product would have cost.
This brings up a side issue of local retail store owners complaining that people do their shopping on-line instead of locally.
Even with shipping, I can type from my home cheaper than driving around in my truck. Faster too.

Don H

I guess I have something in common with your LGSs, I've never heard of Barricade either. What is it?

As for the stores not stocking it...do you really expect a gunshop to stock every gun-related product made? Even big warehouse operations like Midway or Mid-South don't stock 'everything'.

I've found that it's much less expensive to run my phone than my Jeep. Helps keep my insurance rates lower, too. :)

cryogenic419

I think the stuff used to be called Sheath or something similiar, so they may know it under a different name.

Honestly, there are better products out there if you are looking for rust protection.

iraiam

It's like this everywhere, in every sort of retail outlet; they only stock what sells fastest.

It's a vicious circle, You go to a storefront and try to buy product X, we don't stock product X, but we can order it for you. I can order it myself. I recently went through this on a set of large mould handles, I saved about $8 ordering them new on line, and that was after I paid for shipping. maybe the local retailer I tried first is over priced, maybe not, but I did give them the first shot at it.

There is a difference between not stocking it and not knowing what it is.

Barricade isn't that obscure of a product.

A successful boutique shop requires extensive product knowledge and customer service.
Gun shops are like bars. It seems a lot of people think it would make a nice retirement gig and as long as it breaks even they can live off their pension.