Barrett Rutherford o/u hunting shotguns ?

WIN1886

Can anybody share some information or experience from using this relatively new line of shotguns ? Thanks . How would you compare to Browning or Beretta o/u models , for example ?

somebeach

I got a 16 gauge with 28” barrels back in June. It’s nice and tight with very good fit & finish. The wood is nice. Wish it had a good recoil pad in place of the hard rubber butt plate. But that will be taken care of soon.
I have a Beretta SP1 20 gauge & a Browning 16 gauge Citori gran lightning. The Rutherford is every bit as nice as the Beretta and Browning.

FITASC

The guns are built by an Italian maker, with actions and barrels that have proven sturdy, dependable and effective. Because of the quality construction, Barrett will not have to do any final finishing before the guns are delivered to buyers.

Barrett collaborates on these beauties with Italian shotgun maker Fausti. They offer them in 12, 16 (yes, 16), 20 and 28 gauges. And each receiver is scaled for the specific gauge.

The 28″ scattergun I shot (and wanted to walk off with) will set you back $2,200. Given the quality of the wood, the engraving and the quality of materials and construction, not an unreasonable price at all.

HTH