barrel band mounts ?

nathaniel

A scope on a Puma is like wings on a pickup, totally useless. If the regular sights arent doing it for you get a tang sight. Youll like the outcome better. I use my Puma for long range sillouette competition and I can shoot 600 with regular iron sights.

stegar1

600 yards that would be on heck of an arc with my .454. i used to shoot perfect frm 500 with my m-16 but that was many yrs ago. eyes arent the same. i dont want to have something run off with that big of a hunk of lead in it.

nathaniel

Well in that case they make scout scope mounts that replace your back sight but I cant find any for the life of me. I will keep looking and let you know if I find something.

PetahW

JMO, but even if some clamp-on scope mounts could be found, I don't think they'll hold on a .454 Casull.

If the rear bbl sight dovetail is approx 4" from the front of the receiver of your M92, a scout scope can be mounted in Weaver-type rings with the rear lens just ahead of the EJ port via installing a short XS LeverScout mount meant for the Winchester 94.
The front of the XS mount is anchored in the barrel dovetail, the rear needs two 6-48 D/T'd hole in the top of the front of the receiver, inline with the bore.

Another possible alternative, if your Puma has the lawyer bolt safety, is to replace the safety with a bolt paap sight.

DSCN0053.JPG

It can be a surprise to many who think "scope", that a peep sight will do.