Barnes Precision Machine CQB pistol review

skizzums

I could be totally incorrect, but wouldn't the addition of an angled foregrip be a deal killer on the pistol? or is that just for vertical grips?

love the review, my 300blk pistol is my pride and joy, if I had to part with all my guns but one, the ar pistol would be the keeper

Hunter0924

The angled foregrip is good to go. It is the vertical grip that is a no-no.
The MSRP is going to be in the $1300 range with street price lower than that. I believe they are shipping now so I can find out for sure.

I spent the weekend at BPM photographing their new line for the website so a big update on the site is coming.

Hunter0924

Right.
At 45 degrees all is well, at 90 degrees you go to jail. Huh?
but I thought the angled foregrip was a bit more comfortable anyway.

TunnelRat

Yea the AFG is pretty nice.

Nice review by the way. I appreciate you taking the time to test accuracy with a number of loadings and to show averages. Your pictures are pretty awesome, what camera do you use?

Hunter0924

Thank you all for the feedback. I try to be as objective as I can with my reviews.

I am using a 7D with the 17-55 f/2.8 with 4 studio lights, a reflector, and a couple of gels.

KyJim

Nice review and nice looking pistol. I will have to disagree to some extent with your comments about the reduced velocity from a short barrel not being that significant. In standard 55 gr. M193 ammo, it does make a difference. At velocities under about 2,700 fps, upon impact neither tumbling nor fragmentation are consistent. These are what give the M193 its wounding capability. Obviously, however, it can still kill at much lower velocities. Different bullet designs might be warranted for defensive use in pistols.

SpareMag

Hunter,

Second on the quality of the photos!

How are you suspending the pistol? Fishing line or are the supports hidden by the pistol?

Hunter0924

Thank you all for the kind words

We used 10 pound monofilament line on each end and took the image into PS to clone it out.

I wound up photographing all of Barnes Precision Machine firearms for the company in a similar manner but on seamless white.