Barnaul 9mm

Silvanus

I went to the gunshop to buy some 9mm ammo today, but unfortunately they didn't have any Magtech or Fiocchi in stock:( The salesman told me they had a special offer on "Barnaul" 115 9mm. (119€ / 1000 rounds, a very good price where I live) It has polymer coated steel cases. Anybody have any experience with this brand? Good or bad? It's mostly for my Glock 17 and occasionally a couple of magazines in my FN Hi-Power.

RUT

I have used "BarnOwl" quite extensively in my 9x18 MAK, and it has always performed admirably. Never had a missfire either. However, the propellent does stink a bit, but who cares, the price is right. (or used to be) :)

===RUT===

L-2

The Barnaul brand in .223 worked fine in my AR-15. I found the Barnaul stapled paper packaging annoying, though.

The 20 rounds were wrapped up in a paper "package", then in a box. After opening the box, the paper package has to be completely ripped apart to get to the cartridges. I don't know how 9mm will be packaged.

Silvanus

I don't know how 9mm will be packaged.

The same way (40 rounds package, though):barf: I will probably go shooting today. If the ammo performs well, I might buy another case or two:)

Last edited: