Baretta 92FS - Made in USA v Italy

mitchntx

So other than geographic or political, any differences between the two?
Is one preferred over the other?

Local pawn shop has one in 0mm that looks almost new.
No papers or box, just a single mag.

A 92FS in 95% condition is worth ....

chuckles

No differences that anyone has ever been able to articulate convincingly, at least to me. I think mine, (Inox 92FS) has a frame made there and slide made here or is it vice-versa? To me it's simply the best shooting full size 9MM out there. I have H&Ks, SiGs, S&Ws, an Inox Cougar and that Inox 92FS is probably the most fun to shoot. Value? 95% probably $450 +-. Inox maybe $75-$100 more. IIRC, I paid $495 for mine new in 2004. Just a guess from me. Heck, I wouldn't sell mine for less that $750. JMHO and YMMV.:)

roman3

With current production guns there does not appear to be any difference. Both are adequate in fit and finish with safety billboards all over them and sort of a practical finish.

Now the early 92 series guns through the 92SB all made in Italy are some of the better fit and finish models and the bluing is/was awesome. Top of the line Beretta guns.

The early 92F and 92FS as well as the mid 90's Italian made Inox's were awesome guns.

New production all look alike and lack the craftsmanship of previous generations. That said they still go bang they simply don't look as good as previous platforms.

All that said it is an Italian gun, designed by Italians, originally made by Italians. I would still go Italian if all things were equal.

Sturmgewehre

Many years ago when Beretta USA first got started making M9 pistols, the Italian guns looked a little prettier in that they still had a blued finish vs. the black finish of the M9. As time has rolled on, the Italian guns now use the same finishes as the US guns and looking at them side by side it's nearly impossible to tell them apart without looking at the markings.

Some folks think the Italian guns will have a higher resale value down the road, and that may be true. But from a functional and quality standpoint, the Beretta USA pistols in my experience are every bit as good as the Italian made guns and perhaps even better. The M9 is made on some of the most modern manufacturing equipment out there. Thanks to 26+ years of military use and military feedback the M9 has become a very refined pistol.

There was a time when I personally preferred the Italian guns, but that time has passed and I'm quite content with my M9 and M9A1 pistols compared to my Italian 92's.

insaneranger

There should be no difference as far as function between them, but the Italian made ones tend to resale slightly higher than the U.S. made Berettas. There's some debate on which ones have the better finish, but I think that may have a lot to do with when they were made. I've looked at U.S. made Berettas and the Italian ones I've seen and the ones I own appear to have a nicer finish. All of my Berettas are Italian born, but that's just how I found them. If you find a deal on ANY Beretta, grab it! The ones I've seen usually go for about $450-$475 in good to very good condition with the box, papers, and two mags. Maybe you could point out the fact it only has one mag and get a better deal on it, (couldn't hurt to try ;)) although Beretta mags are very easy to come by. :D

Last edited: