Banner scope has R for up?

old fart

I just bought a brand new Banner scope, put it on my Ruger American 308. While setting it I noticed the up wasn't ther it was an R. Seemed Bushnell put the wrong one there. The scope is set and has held zero, should I return it or keep it? Has anyone else seen this happen? thanks

old fart

I contacted Bushnell this morning, they said that model Banner scope which has 6 inch eye relief had a batch go out with the R on both adjustments recently. They said both adjustment dials are the same size and the scope will be just fine. They said it is still sealed with argon gas and still water and fogproof. They have had several calls on this model and they don't know why it was just this model that is affected but the scope will be just fine. thanks

jmr40

Not a big deal as long as you know. I have a few Meopta scopes that have U/R and D/L stamped on both. That way they can use the same adjustment knobs in either place. And these are $500 scopes, not budget brands. Saves them time and money. Works just fine for me.

BornFighting88

If it holds “0” and doesn’t waver, I’d be ok with it, especially if I got it for a good deal.

If you know how your equipment operates, and you can make it work reliably as such, then its a recipe for success in my eyes.

Ricklin

Darn, I was sure I was going to tell you to turn the scope 1/4th turn to the right, bet I'm not the only guy to think so.
Unusual to have mismatched caps on the scope, I'm fond of the higher end Bushnell scopes.

NHSHOOTER

I was adjusting my zeiss scope on monday and it being a fairly new acquisition, rifle scope combo I was a little befuddled at the scope adjustments too on both the elevation and windage adjustment knobs they are listed 1 click 1/4" at 100yds U/R and this is a Zeiss Conquest...

cptjack

RETURNED A BUSHNELL 3400 SCOPE FOR REPAIR. sent a upgraded scope with the same knobs on both adjustments. ,,besides that I had to get new rings for 30 mm scope they would not change the turret knob. DONE with them

jcj54

Repair of scopes

You have to understand that in the modern business world where so much is made in China how Chinese Quality control works.
If they Chinese maker has an order for 10,000 units they make 12,000 and do not test any of them.
Then, if ABC optic brand who ordered these receives one back as broken or defective they have no way to repair it so they throw it away and send a new replacement. If they have run out of the optic, they will send the closest thing in their line or say sorry, that scope is discontinued.
I know this from experience. The global economy is so awesome...

reynolds357

RETURNED A BUSHNELL 3400 SCOPE FOR REPAIR. sent a upgraded scope with the same knobs on both adjustments. ,,besides that I had to get new rings for 30 mm scope they would not change the turret knob. DONE with them
Me too. I sent in a legend Ultra HD for warranty work and they replaced it with a Prime. Replace a $400 scope with one you can find all day long for $100.