Bank robbers pose as cops.........

Steve in PA

Just what we need......

Robbers Pose as Commando Cops

6/4/01 ATLANTA – Witnesses believe four heavily armed robbers wearing commando outfits and yelling as they stormed a bank in Atlanta Friday were actually three men and a woman.

At 10:30 a.m. the four burst into the SunTrust Bank on Greenbriar Parkway yelling “APD! APD! Everybody get on the ground!” said a spokesman from the FBI.

Authorities said no one was injured in the robbery and the suspects escaped.

FBI Agent Richard Kolko said as the 25 people in the bank lay on the floor, one robber jumped over the counter and cleaned out the tellers’ cash drawers. Another robber jumped up on the counter and strode back and forth as two more stood over the frightened customers.

Kolko said three robbers held military-style rifles and the fourth held a semiautomatic handgun. He added that they all wore ballistic vests, ski masks and goggles.

The suspects never got into the vault, but the FBI did not release how much money was taken.

Within two to three minutes the robbery team fled the scene in a white Cadillac. The vehicle, which was stolen last week in Rockdale County, was found abandoned in the woods.

The Atlanta Police Department and the FBI were investigating the bank robbery. Sgt Bob Adams, a robbery unit supervisor, said investigators believe the suspects yelled APD “to create more confusion.”

bruels

And we're expected to submit when a gang of armed people breaks into our houses in the wee hours of the morning shouting, "Police!"

LoneStranger

With this example and several cases of Home Invasion in the Kansas City area by people wearing POLICE paraphanealia(?) just how is a lawabiding peaceful person supposed to protect themselves when criminals kick in your door and shout POLICE.
Would think that this is question that should be asked of all prosecutors both Federal and State. Like will I be prosecuted if I kill a police officer when, since I am lawabiding and peaceful, they kick in the door and I know that they have to be criminals?

P

PreserveFreedom

There's a simple solution to the home invasions:

Unless a Deputy knocks on your door, waits for an answer, and serves you with a warrant, anyone coming in is trespassing. I don't care what they are wearing or saying. A warrant is invalid unless properly served. Shoot first and search for credentials later.

Navy joe

I would have to apply PreserveFreedom's method especially if awakened by such goings on. But the untouched issue is that you will probably lose if it is in fact a police entry team. You may kill several, but ultimately they will be alive in court to tell their side of the story. You will be dead, and unless you are a disadvantaged minority, no one will tell yours. You will be tried in the local newspaper and be found to be a "white separtist male gun nut with a large arsenal and terrorist literature in his home" If you are Latino defending the homestead, you will be a gang member. In short the local powers will stomp your good name and dead body to prove they were justified. My problem is pretty tough, I bought my house, before rennovation it was a rental property with high turnover. I still get the wrong mail and have been served with two civil warrants for a former tenant. Now what if one of those guys suddenly becomes a dangerous felon and my door gets kicked in? Mistaken ID is a lil' late if I'm dead. Furthermore, how the &#%$ do all my property tax bills come in the mail early yet the Sherriff can't figure out who lives where?

MatthewM

Navy,
Get a change of address form at the post office and have all his mail forwarded to the police dept or a vacant lot or whatever. Get one from DMV as well and fill it out to match. That is probably the one they are working off of.