Banged up MkIII wont feed or extract

Pyzon

Wonder what you folks might think about this until now perfectly functioning MkIII. I think you can see from the pics that the edge of the chamber where the extractor slides past is peened, and the bottom edge of the extraction port has some rough spots I never noticed before.

This pistol has worked flawlessly when burning through more than 1000 rounds of every kind of ammo I put though it. These scratched up examples happen to be AE copper HP High Velocity, but nothing will feed or extract at the present state of condition.

Never had to return a Ruger, so do they typically send a prepaid label for things like this ?

Best regards-

Steve

Attachments

• 20140701_194336_resized.jpg
    20140701_194336_resized.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20140701_194348_resized.jpg
    20140701_194348_resized.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20140701_194604_resized.jpg
    20140701_194604_resized.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44

marine6680

All stock parts?

I would say... Clean it up well and call Ruger. They should pay shipping.

They will test the pistol ond fix issues. Either with parts, or even a new barrel if needed. How the chamber area could get like that, I don't know.

So long as it wasn't abused I would suspect Ruger to help you out.

Ozzieman

Did you buy it new?
I have only seen one other with the damage like that and it was from someone trying to get failures to extract removed from the gun with a screwdriver.
Guy brought one into the shop complaining about it and wanted us to fix it.
Gun had never been cleaned and that was what caused the failure.
When I asked him how he got the empty brass out he said with a knife and screwdriver.
We told him we would send it back to Ruger but he would have to pay for the repair.