Ballistics reports

Doug Lee

Hello All,
I am using the Remington RemShoot software to get a ballistics table for my .25-06 Rem.
It list columns that show: Range, Velocity, Energy, Path, Drop, Drift etc. . .
Do I use the Path or Drop column data to determine bullet drop at the given Range?
Thanks for you input.
D. Lee

Jim243

Do I use the Path or Drop column data to determine bullet drop at the given Range?

I would use the Drop data. The Path information is nice if you will have one chart for many different ranges (distances) that you will be shooting at.

Since we live in an imperfect world and many other factors will come into play such as temp, wind direction, variances in bullet construction (weights), different lots of the same powder (burn rate). I would print out BOTH charts to use just in case.

Good luck and stay safe.
Jim

math teacher

Use path. Drop is from the line of the bore. Path is in relation to the line of sight. The line of the bore is slightly above the line of sight to partially compensate for the bullet being pulled downward by gravity. The Spot-on program at nikonhunting.com is another good program and it is free.

higgite

Use path if you're trying to determine plus or minus from zero at distances other than what the rifle is zeroed at.