Baikal MP-412 Rex Polymer Revolver

dave0520

I'm sure that all the revo manufacturers will have polymer revolvers soon. However, I doubt that that particular one will be imported.

DWARREN123

Break open/over revolvers are usually for less powerful rounds. Don't know how this one would do with heavy 357 mag rounds.
Just get a Ruger!

Te Anau

I think its illegal to import new Russian handguns.Another stab in the back by our old Hitler loving pal Billy if my memory serves me right.:mad:

CDH

It is certainly widely accepted that break-open revolvers aren't generally known to take magnum loads well (note that Beretta's B-O revolver is limited to 38Spl and 45Colt), but I'd sure like to think that new advancements in metallurgy would allow magnum B-O's to become reality.

I throw in that comment with this one thought in mind:
Most people know that there is a rumor that Colt might be bringing out a new revolver, right? And everyone KNOWS that the Python is now dead, never to be manufactured again.

SO, imagine with me, if you will, that a pistol very similar to the Russian design linked above were to be the NEW Colt revolver design in not only .357mag, but in other calibers as well.
Now THAT would be exciting (not just a new Colt revolver, but a new Colt polymer revolver), and would likely throw the gun world upside down.
And of course, it could ONLY be called the "Colt Viper".

And oh yea, I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Since Springfield teamed up with a Croatian company to bring us the XD's, I would think that there would be some way for the American company of Colt to team up with a Russian company to bring us the Colt Viper. ;)

Carter