Bah, bought a Glock 26OD

David the Gnome

I didn't want a Glock but somehow I still ended up with one. I really wanted to take home the XD9SC but it just didn't feel as good as the Glock. I originally wanted the regular black frame but the OD frame was the only one they had. I actually like the look of it on the Glock, it's a nicer color than most of the OD frames out there and it makes it somewhat unique in a sea of all black Glocks.

Anyway, here are the pics. I had a hard time capturing the color in the house with the flash, it's darker than it appears in the photos. I'll try again tomorrow when it's light outside.

glock26od01pq7.jpg

glock26od02in5.jpg

glock26od03pd6.jpg

I put 100 rounds of CCI Blazer through it without any issues, as was expected. Accuracy was very good and recoil was less than my Sig P6 or S&W SW99. My only complaint is that it pinched the crap out of my little finger between the frame and the magazine base. I have a little blood blister on my pinky now. I'll need to get some Pearce extended magazine bases for this thing.

Another plus was that it was a pleasure to carry. I carried it IWB all day today and didn't even notice it was there. It was very comfortable and lightweight, especially since I'm used to lugging around steel framed weapons. I was very happy with the concealability. The OD frame actually helps when worn under a light-weight white t-shirt compared to a black frame, it doesn't show through the shirt as much. In the event of an accidental reveal it is possible the color may throw someone off as well.

All-in-all I am happy with my purchase, even if it is a Glock. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just needs to work every time and be comfortable to carry; two things the Glock 26 does excellently.

Nice purchase.

My G26 has replaced my S&W 642 as my fanny pack gun. I decided that 10 rounds of 9mm beats 5 rounds of .38spl these days.

I love the way it shoots and you can't beat a Glock for simplicity and reliability.

I was looking at them today and for about a half a second I considered the OD version also. If it is going to be ugly it might as well be as ugly as it possibly can but I just could not warm up to the poop colored grips. :)

David the Gnome

That was the other gun I was looking at. They had just sold the one they got in. The only problem with it is that it is single stack and lacks the 10+1 round capacity of the Glock 26. I do like the look and feel of the Walther PPS though.

2ndamd

Looks good and it just makes sense for a CCW.
Accurate little boogers aren't they?
I was suprised at how well I shot it even out to 25 yrds. I need to test it at 50 then 100.

dave421

My favorite Glock! For some odd reason, I'm most accurate with it also.

To "fix" the pinky issue, curl your pinky under the mag. The G26's recoil is light enough so that you can still maintain a good grip without the pinky. Curling it under the mag gets it out of the way and keeps you from getting the grip extensions that hurt it's concealability.

BanditSRT8

Slap a Glock (or Pearce) +2 cap on there. I never liked the pinky grip, still cramped my fingers together... plus I like adding capacity to my magazine!

Northalius

Very nice!

A black pinky extension will give it a color contrast; it'll make it look better, if that even matters to you. ;)

I see Glockeroo is doing his job well over here on TFL! Spreading the Glockspel and all. :D

First PbP, now the Gnome? Who's next?! Who will also come to the Dark Side? Or... OD Puke Side? :eek:

Socrates

When I was at the test range, firing the Glock 30, I noticed all the best target groupings were with the 9mm glocks.

When I was at the test range, firing the Glock 30, I noticed all the best target groupings were with the 9mm glocks.
My 9mm G26 is very accurate, especially for a sub-compact. I am hoping my .357sig G33 will be equally impressive. :)

This is not the most impressive group but for me it is nothing short of miraculous. :eek:

G26t1.jpg

Firepower!

G26

G26 is my regular ankle holstered gun. I really like and could never understand folks who are against Glock. It virtually wont every poll as most liked pistol, etc.

I am glad that now you are a proud owner of the best pistol ever made. However, the bottom line is if you like it thats all what matters.

In mine use 15rd 17rd and 31rd mags as well when practicing targets or when I decide to carry it in shoulder holster rather its bigger brother G19.

ChicagoTex

it fascinates me how the OD Green Glock frames look tan in so many photos. I actually think a tan G26 would be fantastic and would buy one, I don't much care for the actual OD Green, however.