After running the gamut of:

SA 1911
glock 26
glock 19
glock 22
glock 30
Keltec P32
NAA Guardian

I have returned to a revolver for my concealed carry weapon of choice. The mouseguns just did not inspire confidence, the Glocks were too much a pain in the neck to carry EVERYWHERE due to a need to always make sure the trigger was protected by a stiff holster. The 1911 was slim but HEAVY!

My solution - a Taurus 445T which I had the pleasure of putting 200 rouds through the other day to test for reliabiliy and function.

Worked great, carried it all day in a cheapo Uncle Mikes IWB and did not even notice it. Can get 'em all on the target out to 25 yards, recoil was negligable to me.

Gun is light enough I did not need a belt cinched down to keep my pants up. Carried it most of the day Suday without a belt and had no trouble. Am carrying it today under my dress shirt in a Action Direct belly band. I have a FIST holster ordered for it and may put the non-ribber grips on it ffor increased concealability.

Strange that a larger gun like this would seem so much more concealale and pleasant to carry. Must be the wight combined with the larger size dispersing it over a larger area.

I think i have found my concealed carry holy grail. If not this particular gun, than at least another Ti or Sc snubby! Love the .44 though...

CANIS

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Regardless of...

...what else (if anything) might be strewn about my belt and/or pockets, a .44 Special 296Ti is always in my purse. If there was any gun ever better suited to this particular CCW niche, I ain't seen it. :cool:

Marko Kloos

No worries about bullet shape or feed reliability, no magazine springs to wear out or feed lips to bend, no safeties to accidentally disengage or forget to disengage, no malfunction drills other than pulling the trigger again...what's not to like about a wheelgun for CCW?

CANIS

Not to mention...

No extra mags to buy (Speedloaders are cheap!)

No worrying about keeping range mags straight from the reliable carry mags

Looks like I'll be adding another titanium snub to my collection for Christmas - Now the fun part is figuring out which one...

CANIS

PsychoSword

I put my Taurus 415T titanium (former concealment gun) on consignment at the local gunstore today. I've only shot 100 rounds of 210 grain through it and already the cylinder lock is not always coming up like it should. It still locks in place, but as you said, it's not very confidence inspiring. That's my first and last Taurus!