Baby Eagle??

Smith66

Honestly, the "beagle" is a pistol I'd never even thought about buying until today. At sportsman's warehouse this morning, the guy says "here, look at this. they're on sale this week." So he hands me the compact 9mm, and I had one of my "holy cow I have to buy this thing" moments. That being said, does anyone have experiences/opinions about this pistol? Please help me out! Oh, and it was on sale for $385, is this a good price?

Thanks,
Smith66

Loader9

I have the Baby Eagles in 9mm and 40SW, both in all steel semi-compact. Both have shot near one hole groups from bags at 25 yds with proper loads. My 40 is my carry gun. The triggers on both of mine started out a little hard and a little creep. Once I had about 500 rounds thru them the triggers on both got better than my Custom Kimber Grand Raptor match 45. I only wish there were more after market goodies. I have the wrap around rubber grips from Magnum Research. I wished there were after market adjustable sights though. You'll learn to love one. They are highly accurate with the right loads. Mine won't shoot any lead bullets at all but plated seems to work just fine. Mine are poly rifled barreled. Yours could be button rifled so you might want to check- they make both with poly more popular. The 9mm prefers the 115 gr bullets and the 40 likes 135 Noslers and 155 Remingtons.

rimfired

My better half has a steel frame semi-compact 9mm. She says it's a lot of fun to shoot, strips and cleans easily, eats any ammo she puts in it, and "it really looks cool!" She also reports, "I've heard it's dead accurate, but I can't confirm it myself...yet!" It has an ambidextrous safety, which appeals to her as a lefty.

Seems like a good price to me. If it feels right in your hand, I'd go for it.

hemiram

The Baby Eagle, and it's "relations" the EAA Witness pistols are great. I have a friend who has one of the first BE's that were made, and while it looks a little beat up, still shoots fine. I was going to buy a BE .45, until I found out that they don't make a full sized .45, just a semi compact and smaller, so I bought an EAA Witness instead.

Other people I know have had them and all liked them, except for the weight, which to me is a major selling point. I want a heavy, all steel gun!

fisherman66

I have a BIL that owns one. It fits my hand very well, points naturally, barely recoils and lays bullet on top of bullet. Down side, it's big, bulky and heavy...not for CCW as far as I'm concerned. Awesome range or home SD gun.