Baby Eagle Mags

Kevin_d77

Anyone know if they're compatible with a CZ75? Specifically the older all steel Baby Eagle that takes the MecGar Mag915. That would make buying a 75 that much less painful. I know they work in the Tristar C100 but stick out a little bit on the bottom but for range use it still works. Im all about commonality of parts!

Walt Sherrill

They were, years ago, but don't know about more recent production guns.

I stumbled upon a few mags over the years that had different followers and those followers wouldn't lock back the slide on a CZ. Unhappily, I can't recall if those oddball mags were for the Baby Eagles or Tanfoglios; never had a problem with the Tanfoglio-made Witness mags.

The problem mags had a different follower, with an indentation where the follower and slide release come together.

Kevin_d77

I wouldn't mind not locking back for range use only. I have wanted a 75 to go with my 82 and 70 for a while and this is just an excuse haha

Walt Sherrill

The Mec-Gar aftermarket mags, generally available from CDNN and a few others places, are better-priced than CZ factory mags -- and comparable quality.

Mec-Gar makes the OEM CZ mags for most of their new guns, to CZ's specs, so the Mec-Gar-branded mags are similar, but not always identical. Tanfoglio mags work well, too. I've even picked up some RAMLINE-made Magnum Research mags for the Baby Eagle [that had coil springs attached to the follower with a rivet] for $5 each that worked beautifully -- the springs just couldn't be replaced You should have no problem finding suitable, hi-cap mags for the CZ.

Pro-Mag also made a number of CZ mags over the years, again to CZ's specs -- and they worked beautifully. I think some of the 10-rounds that came with the guns during the "ban" were made by Pro-Mag. Nowadays, however, the only Pro-Mags worth trying in a CZ are the mags for the Compact Models, which are as good as the factory mags, and much, much less expensive. I also bought some of the 10-round CZ factory mags several years ago from CDNN for use in IDPA, and was surprised to see they were Pro-Mags; the only way you could tell they were made by Pro-Mag was in the paper insert in the package they came wrapped in.

Last edited:

IdahoG36

I'm not sure if they will work, but the MecGar mags for the EAA Witness can usually be found for $25 or so. That is another avenue to explore.

I am looking at buying a CZ 97B soon, and they can use the EAA Witness mags made by MecGar. They are half the price of the factory CZ mags, and easier to find as well.

Andrewh

new witness mags probably won't work.
witness went to large frame guns for all calibers a little while back.

I know CZ mags work in the small frame witness. I just bought a set from midway.

I don't know for sure about the other direction.

midway shows the small frame witness mec gars discontinued.

Kevin_d77

I actually already did. I asked in the Clone Club AND the CZ75 club as well. No answer in the CZ Club and one answer in the Clone Club

Kev

I think the Armscor mags for their MAP pistols fit the BDE
I also have been looking at mags for my Tangfolio/Armscor pistol