Baby eagle acc problems.

Bender711

well i got a baby eagle a few weeks ago, and so when i first took it out shooting i noticed that (other than misfiring a lot but i fixed that :) ) i couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with it. so i though that maybe it was because i hadnt been out in a while and it was still breaking in. so i go out next week with diffrent ammo that solved the misfires, but the acc was still not what i wanted. so im using good ammo, its clean, but it is still not acc. so does any one know what could be wrong with it?
i know that it is not me because i brought a diffrent gun and i could hitthe target alot more with it.

Wynterbourne

There are a couple of things, actually.

First of all, some of the more recent imports have not had the sights properly aligned. You might consider having a competent smith take a look and make sure that they are properly set.

Check your feed ramp. Sometimes, just sometimes, the crud that they use to protect it during shipping will leave a very small amount of residue on the ramp if not cleaned to an almost excessive degree. This can, and will, cause your point of impact to be eratic.

Third, make sure you're maintaining a VERY tight grip. While the B.Eagle is a very soft shooter, it does not like even the slightest inclination that you might be limp wristing it.

Bender711

well the gun is very clean, so i dont thank that that is it. thanks for the info on the grip ill try to change that. i did notice that there is a small amount of wobbel/shak/ rattle or what ever i should call it with the barrel when it is locked, could this be the main problem (other than me ;) ?

Geopagus

Id have the sights checked. My Baby Eagle is dead on accurate. Even my wife, whos only been to the gun range 3x in her life is dead on with it.

TATER

Check the crown, mine had a ding right out of the box, I caught and fixed it
Before I ever shot it.

Bender711

well i know that the sites are off a little, but the thing that worries me is the group size is twice of what the sig226 is. the groups dont look that bad till you count the holes and relized there are 4missing. but ill check the crown.

rdebert

First step is actually to take it apart then reassemble and fire again. Sometimes something is just slightly off that doesn't stop function (spring torqued a little and binding, just not seated right, etc.).