Baby Dragoon

jlb43

I picked this little critter up last week for $80. It is a sixgun and appears to have been fired very little if at all and the action seems perfect. It is stamped "Hopkins & Allen Mfg." on the right hand side of the barrel and "black powder only made in Italy "on the left. It has a date code of AD (1978). Because of that and the fact that Hopkins & Allen closed in the early 1900's I guess it is a reproduction. :D Who made it I don't know, but I think ASM. Anyway all the posts lately about antiquing and removing bluing has me thinking very seriously about learning on this one. I want to return it to the white with a high polish. Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

IMG_0367_zpsf5448458.jpg

IMG_0368_zps72540c53.jpg

Doc Hoy

Yep...Nice score.

ASM might be marked under the loading lever.

ASP might be marked on the back strap under the grip.

Returning it to the white will be a fun and rewarding project.

jlb43

There are no other markings other than serial numbers on the gripstrap, frame and under the LL which all match. The proof marks on the frame appear on the cylinder also and I have not removed the grips yet so I don't know what is there. The wedge is now properly inserted Fingers, Thanks. :eek:

jlb43

I kinda figured it was an ASM because any search for black powder Hopkins and Allen made some reference to ASM.

jlb43

Well here it is today. I am not sure if I like it as much as I thought. Although I think it is an improvement. Maybe it is time for a little mustard. :rolleyes:

IMG_0393_zps444dbfb3.jpg

IMG_0394_zps738f6296.jpg

deerslayer303

I like it like that. And ummmm, just what is mustard gone do? Make you a nice fried bologna sandwich, while you sit and admire that pretty little smoker you've got yourself there???????

RJay

FWIW, Numrich, Now Numrich Gun Parts Corp, owned the Hopkins and Allen name back in the , I believe 70' and 80's and sold black powder firearms. , most notably the o/u twist barrel rifle. The guns were of course made in Italy but I don remember who the maker was.