Baby Desert Eagle

mparris71

Hi,
I am thinking of buying Baby Desert Eagle in 9mm or 40 S&W. I would like some feedback about this gun. They look and feel great I was just wondering if they function worth a darn?
Thanks
Mark

Nightcrawler

The Israeli Civil Guard (or whatever it's called) issues the Jericho 941 as its standard sidearm. It's called "941" since it was originally chambered in two cartridges, 9x19mm and the now prettymuch defunct .41AE. HOwever, 12 .41AE mags can be had from CDNN for MUCH less than the cost of, say, a 15 round .40 Glock mag, and will hold 12 rounds of .40S&W and work in the .40 Baby Eagle.

15 and 16 round mags are also available from CDNN.

From what I understand, the Jericho is accurate and dependable, but a bit heavy.

Kermit

I know 2 guys with the 9mm version of the Baby Eagle. Both seem to really like it. Seem like a nice concept...all steel, 9mm semi auto. The weight seems to just absorb what little recoil the 9mm generates. And, they seem to be priced right too ;)
Personally, I prefer the frame mounted safety...cest la vie!

Gusgus

I own a Baby Eagle in 9mm. It's a very nice, but heavy pistol. Basically, it's an Israeli copy of the CZ-75B, with full size dust cover, polygonal rifling, and slide mounted decocker. It's slightly more accurate than my CZ-75B, which may be due to the increased weight or the polygonal rifling. The decocker works as a safety, and disengages the trigger. It can not be carried cocked and locked. Even though it usually comes with only 1 - 10 round mag, you should be able to find 16 round prebans. It will also use most CZ-75 mags.

Eric Larsen

mparris71,
Its a better CZ type gun. The frame and slide are rumored to be made in Italy by Tanfoglio. They also make witness, Springfield p9 and there own tanfoglio brand frame and slides. Good stuff. I love the compact and almost bought one..I just happen to find a cz compact at the same time. Its good shooter, dependable and accurate. Enjoy it regardless of which caliber you get...shoot well