Baby Browning/Bauer & Mec-Gar mag???

smee78

So I've been looking for a quality mag to replace my factory malfunctioning Bauer mag and stumble onto a Mec-gar unopened in the factory package mag on evil-bay. I have done alot of internet searching and for some reason no one has the Mec-gar mags anymore because they stopped making them some time ago and no one else is making a quality replacement mag. I placed my max bid and let the auction go, I was surprised when I saw that the mag went for $70, I mean really...$70 if they are demanding that much (more than half what I paid for the gun) then why has Mec-gar not tooled up and made another run of these? I know they make good mags, and have a good rep and in alot of cases make mags for the gun companies as factory issued mags but really $70.:confused:

Auto5

I had a PSP (now PSA) Baby Browning clone. It was licensed by FN and all parts interchange. The mags should work fine.

smee78

Thanks yall, I shot an e-mail off to them on there website and am waiting on an anwser. I will likly give one of these a shot to try them out, I hope there mags work as good as there pistols look, good looking examples.

Gunfixr

Never heard of precision small arms, but mec gar is good to go. They are the best aftermarket mags, period. Many manufacturer oem mags are made by mec gar.

smee78

Ya I like the Mec-gar mags but they are out there, I e-mailed Precision Small Arms the other days and still have not heard anything back from them. Are they even still in business?

smee78

Well I never got an e-mail response from PSA but went ahead and ordered 2 of the mags. They arrived and surprise, they are marked "made in Italy" so I guess Mec-gar is making them for PSA? They are not cheap at $44 each but if they work and are reliable then I will be happy. I will post an update once I get to the range, got to wait for this tropical storm to pass today.