B27

darkgael

Told a friend that I would find out as much as I could about the Browning Model 27 O/U.
I have read through a number of older threads and found nothing bad said about the gun.
I am wondering whether there is more first hand info to be had from our current list of Posters.

zippy13

My friend, IIRC, the Browning design Belgian Liege 27 was made in the early 1970's as a standard O/U for the non-US market. The B-27 was an improved model. Check out Collector's Firearms in Texas, they have a B-27 listed. Sorry, I have no first knowledge of these guns.

jaguarxk120

Had a chance to handle one years ago, a light fast handling gun. The guy that owned it used it for pheasant hunting. He always got a kick out of bringing it out with his hunting buddy's. They all had Citori's and the B27 was plain by comparision. Except for the walnut and the rust bluing, and of course it said Made in Belgium on the barrels. Not flashy just elegant in it's own way.

Last edited:

BigJimP

I see a few of them around / but I don't recall that I've ever fired one. I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about the model.

darkgael

10Q

Thanks, fellows, for the replies. It seems as if my friend made a good buy. I'll have to wait for his return from Florida to see (and shoot) the gun.
Pete