Avoid UPS SurePost shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiBC

Brownells sent me a pkg via SurePost.It is a hybrid .UPS gets it to their depot then turns it over to the local post office for delivery.

I live in FtC,and FtC has its own post office.The UPS depot is in Loveland.They sent my package to the Loveland post office.Tracking showed "undeliverable."and advised me to contact the shipper(Brownells)

Brownells said there was nothing they could do about it,as they had no way of dealing with the post office.Brownells did offer to overnight a duplicate order.Best they could do,and,that is pretty good of Brownells.

I called UPS and got someone in India,I think.He said there was nothing he could do ,as the post office had it,but I should contact Brownells.

I started getting grumpy.He gave me a US Post office number.

I got an automated phone tree.After the third or fourth non-productive loop through the phone tree,I discovered it recognized screaming and yelling ,offering me the option to speak to a human.

After I offered my opinion on the product and the postal service,the rep was able to find my package and assure me it would be delivered.

Then I called Brownells to cancel the duplicate order and add a note to my account to never ship me anything SurePost again.

I'm disappointed that UPS does not have enough pride in the UPS name to include some customer support .It is just a circle of pass the buck,with no regard for the customer with the lost shipment.

Darren007

So they sent the package to the USPS, thus fulfilling their end of the deal. USPS showed it as undeliverable, gave you the run around on the phone...and it's UPS' fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.