Automatic guy starting to lean towards revolvers, Pics

Sparks2112

Now usually I'm a huge proponent of high capacity automatics for pretty much everything. That having been said, I'm starting to really like the idea of using a revolver for my main CCW, with one of my polymer wonders being reserved for when I know I'm going into a bad neighborhood, or somewhere else like that.

Right now I'm really loving my S&W Model 19-3 though I need to get a better holster for it. Any suggestions as to a good IWB with easy on/off capability?

Anyway, please ignore the crappy camera I have here at work.

SW19v1.JPG

SW19v2.JPG

I like it for right now, but I think I'm going to try and pick up a 586 L comp if I can find one.

Does anyone other than Smith make a 3" 7 shot .357 magnum that takes moon clips? I'd actually prefer it not be comped, but oh well. :)

Sparks2112

Creature said
Wow...that is a beauty. I have been looking for one for a long time.

It looks so much better when it hasn't been bumping up against me all day. :)

A nice revolver really is gorgeous though, and I know that shouldn't matter, but, for some reason it does.

That, and I haven't met the automatic with a 2.5 inch tube that is anywhere near as accurate as the little smith is.

doh_312

My first pistol was an XD, and as much as I love the XDs, I still went out and bought a S&W 637. Just feel better having a revolver on my in addition to my XD. I dont think my XDs will fail on me but they could and the S&W will fire every time I pull the trigger. Wheelguns compliment autoloaders very nicely IMO.

mrghostwalker

Leaning

I agree- Revolvers are REAL guns. Anyone can shoot a Semi-auto but a revolver shows real class! Welcome to the "Brotherhood of the Wheelgun"

denfoote

Does anyone other than Smith make a 3" 7 shot .357 magnum that takes moon clips? I'd actually prefer it not be comped, but oh well.

The revolver you are describing is a 686 Plus. Modifying the cylinder for moon clips would probably have to be done by somebody like Bill Laughridge over at Cylinder and Slide. I'm not sure if S&W makes a 3" version any more. Prepare to buy a 4" gun and have an inch lapped off and the barrel recrowned!!! ;)

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

Now, Taurus does make a 7 shot magnum.

MODEL 66 .357 MAG. REVOLVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
These revolvers are a longtime favorite of security personnel and perfect for Homeland Defense Forces. With a choice of .38 Special +P (Model 82) or .357 Magnum (Model 65), this medium frame, 6-shot revolver features comfortable rubber grips and a deep, lustrous finish. With fixed sights and a custom Single Action/Double Action trigger for improved accuracy and speed, the 65 and 82 are the perfect partners for whatever trouble lurks around the corner. For even more firepower, the Model 66 steps up to the plate with an impressive 7 rounds of .357 Magnum.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=278&category=Revolver

The bugaboo is that you are gonna have to modify the Taurus too!!

Which would you like to spend your money on??

Personally, I'd go with the Smith!! ;)