Auto Ordnance WW2 1911 experiences

defjon

Does anyone have any experience with this make and model? I'm talking about more recent, last ten years or so...post Kahr buy out...its supposed to be all American made, even all the small parts...

ttarp

I've had one since Christmas, it is a Kahr, build round count is probably only around 5 or 6 hundred, one failure to feed due to magazine not being fully seated. Otherwise I've enjoyed it immensely, I bought 3 metal form 7 round magazines to complement the factory mag and have had no issues with those either.

jake99

I have one too. It seems well made. I like it, but don't have much handgun exp. so take it for what it's worth. Price was good.

Kahr

Had one right when Kahr took them over. Worked every time and would made a nice build up but like other things I ended up selling it for a 9mm.

MikeG

I bought one about ten years ago. I haven't shot it near as much as I wanted to, life got busy, but like it very much.

presspics

The brand new ones are the best version yet. They are machined properly, they now machine the front strap completely to the same style as a genuine Colt or military front strap. The thumb safety is now the original GI style. They look just like a real GI model now.