Auto Darkening Welding Helmet

Dubletap45

I am interested in upgrading to an auto darkening helmet for more precise welding (and ease of use). I am leaning toward a Speedglass utility model. Does anyone have any input/advice. Currently I only stick, and Oxy Acetylene weld. A Mig sometime in the future. I do not anticipate I will ever have TIG welder. What features should I get, what features will I never need. Any input is appreciated.

DT45

rg1

Don't know anything about "speedglass" but I do know the only auto darkening welding helmet that I would use is made by Jackson.
Jackson EQC Professional Variable. It has shade darkness dial, variable sensitivity control, darkening delay control, on-off switches and auto off after inactivity. I've tried 2 others and they are toys compared to this unit. One solar powered unit I used caused eye soreness after using due to the shade lightening whenever the main arc was behind an object and not in direct view of the sensors. Go with a Jackson EQC Professional Variable if you want a great welding helmet with autodarkening and no eye problems after all day use. Uses standard AA battery for power with a low battery indicator on the display.

Alex Johnson

Get the auto darkening helmit, it's worth the money. Also if you get into mig welding get one that has the gas tank with it, you can use flux core wire without the gas, but it's thicker and the wire is a lot thinner when you have the gas to shield it.