Auto & Burglar copy

Bill DeShivs

As I may have mentioned, I'm building a legal, registered 20 ga. double barreled pistol.
The factory engraving on the action was really bad, so I tried to camouflage it with my engraving.
This side is finished. When side 2 is done, I'll nickel plate it, have it reassembled, submit the tax forms (and the $200). Once the stamp comes back, I'll cut the barrels to about 10".
It's actually more a copy of the 1969 Holland Arms A/B gun.

Skans

Oh, I can tell I'm going to like this Baikal when you're finished! I have a Baikal 12 gauge that has similar engraving - wish I had the skills to do what you are doing.

agtman

Your pistol grip looks great.

But will your finished SBS look something like the 9" 12ga "Mad Max" SBS this Navy Seal dude's packing?

American%2Bsurvival%2Bguide%2BApril%2B2015%2B001.jpg

:D

Bill DeShivs

Sort of. Here is a picture of the gun that is the inspiration for mine.

Attachments

• holland auto burglar.jpg
    holland auto burglar.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 83

44 AMP

Staff
ty Bill. Did not realize the Auto Burglar was a single trigger gun. That being the case, it makes perfect sense.

Bill DeShivs

The Holland Auto Burgar was a single trigger gun. It's the inspiration for my gun.
The original Ithacas were double trigger guns.

I fired an Ithaca Auto & Burglar gun a number of years ago, low serial number, and chambered for 2.5" shells, which the owner made himself.

Very interesting critter.

Mac Scott, of Scott & McDougal Gunsmithing, was a police officer and once did a stake out with an old timer who carried an A&B, which apparently got a LOT of attention from the bad guys when it was stuck in their faces.

44 AMP

Staff
which apparently got a LOT of attention from the bad guys when it was stuck in their faces.

I can see where it would do that...:D

My Grandfather told a story about a one armed railroad cop who carried a sawed off, pistol gripped 10ga! worked the rail yards for over 30 years, and said he NEVER had to fire it, which was a good thing, because he only had the one arm left!!

I believe that if it were not for Federal laws a short "sawed off" shotgun like the Auto & Burglar would be a VERY popular home / auto defense gun.