Authentic MG42 / Ruger 10/22 dress up parts

USMCG_HMX1

Okay guys .... I need your collective help on this.

I have a good buddy of mine that just bought a Ural motorcycle.

149575141-M.jpg

It's a 2WD Russian motorbike with a sidecar, and just for kicks he'd like to mount his dressed up MG42 Ruger 10/22 on it using a pintle mount. Has anyone ever even heard of this being done?

Basically it's something for ****s and giggles, but he's a good friend of mine and a fellow Marine, and it's one of those "You know, that would really look cool if it could be done" things.

Yeah and the "Oh ****, look at that !!!!" factor would be great, too.

Thanks.

Kris

MacGille

Tell your friend that using a real rifle on the motorcycle could open him up for some serious problems. He can get a look alike air soft that would look cool and not get him into trouble. Just a thought.

USMCG_HMX1

This is a "private property" and "say cheese for the camera" idea only, so there is no need to be worried about the obviously illegal aspect of driving open roads with this thing hanging off the pintle .... if we can find one.

Marines are crazy .... but we aren't stupid ;)

Kris

USMCG_HMX1

USMCG_HMX1 said:
and just for kicks he'd like to mount his dressed up MG42 Ruger 10/22 on it using a pintle mount

We've got the kit already, we just need the pintle to mount it to the sidecar.

-K

shaggy

You need a pintle?:confused:

You're probably going to have to fashion something yourself. On an MG42, the ground and AA mounts, as well as the bipod attach by way of small pockets on the underside of the forward section of the barrel jacket/receiver. A spring loaded bar on the mounts then locks into those pockets. If you want detailed pics of how that works, I can post or email you pics this weekend. Nevertheless, I highly doubt the 10-22 stock has this level of detail, and even if it does, I'm pretty sure its scaled down so nothing you can buy is going to fit.

Personally, I'd say its about time to break out the PVC and black spray paint.