Austrian Glocks

simonrichter

just out of interest: Are all Glocks circulating in the US also made in USA or are there Austrian-made specimen available as well? The other way round, I've never seen a US made one other than in pictures...

Rob228

Just looking at mine it says Made in Austria, Glock USA Smyrna Georgia. Pretty sure Shadow9mm has it right.

TunnelRat

Keep in mind that firearms that are imported will have the importer marked on the frame. This means you might have a frame that is marked as being made in another country, such as Austria for Glock or Germany for HK, and then will have the US subsidiary of that company, Glock USA or HK USA, also marked on the frame as that was the importer.

This article explains how the markings on the frame, slide, and barrel of Glocks in the US vary based on the original place of manufacture.

https://smallarmssolutions.com/home/glock-austria-vs-glock-usa-made-pistols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogtown tom

simonrichter just out of interest: Are all Glocks circulating in the US also made in USA or are there Austrian-made specimen available as well? The other way round, I've never seen a US made one other than in pictures...
The majority of Glock pistols sold in the US are manufactured in Austria.
Some models are not importable for the US commercial market and are LE only due to the ATF Factoring Criteria for handguns.

Due to EU restrictions on firearm sales, some European companies like Glock manufacture US made models for sale and export to countries that Austria cannot sell to.

dogtown tom

reynolds357 I have never seen a Glock made anywhere other than Austria.
Never seen a Glock 42, 43, 43X or 48?:rolleyes:

They are made in the USA due to the ATF import criteria.
Plenty of other Glocks are US made as well.

Groundhog34

There is a large factory in Atlanta where Glocks are assembled and in some instances manufactured. I believe 42s and 43s are manufactured there.

reynolds357

Never seen a Glock 42, 43, 43X or 48?:rolleyes:

They are made in the USA due to the ATF import criteria.
Plenty of other Glocks are US made as well.
That's odd, my 43x says "made in Austria". Glock must have smuggled it in. My19x and the other 6 I have were made there too. I know there are USA made Glocks, but as I said, I have never seen one.

akpls

My 43 says "USA" on the slide and "Made in USA Glock, Inc., Smyrna, GA" on the frame.
e6ceb36e30651dc494147bc01b002031.jpg
5cdc0841a7fe938df9ec0019efde10d7.jpg

eflyguy

All mine here at my house are US. My G43 EDC on my side-table is identical to above.

attachment.php

I think my daughter's G17 is Austria.

Attachments

• IMG_9352 2.JPG
    IMG_9352 2.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

TunnelRat

Friends. My sku comment above tells you all you need

It tells them all they need to know if they have the SKU handy, which they likely don’t if they’re just looking at the pistol without the box. If they’re curious about a pistol they are looking at in front of them they can just look at the markings on the pistol itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wild cat mccane

Only the ATF list will confirm us made vs import. However, sku on gun.deals shows volume. It's a lot both ways. Glock. So efficient that they couldnt make the UA sku to be USA.

eflyguy

Friends. My sku comment above tells you all you need

That's nice.

I just checked and not a single one of my boxes has SKU's that begin with those. I didn't write them down but TK and PR were a couple.

All my Glocks were purchased in Smyrna (Adventure Outdoors) except for one privately, and every box has radically different SKU's.

Plus I just checked the actual pistols and all have USA stamped on them. My daughter is away so can't confirm her G17 has Austria on it, but I'm pretty certain it does because I was interested to see it when I bought it about a decade ago.

They all go bang when required. I've never had an issue and don't care where they were manufactured/assembled.