Austin TX gunsmith?

Drizzt

I would like to have an AR-15 and a shotgun checked out by a competent gunsmith. The shotgun, I can check over pretty well, but I have to admit that my familiarity with the AR is low enough that I will pretty much be starting from scratch. I do, however, want to make sure everything is in working condition and check them out for any issues. I don't want to go to McBride's, because I don't want to pay out enough to buy a whole other gun, and I would like it back sometime this year. Anyone have any good suggestions as to who I can go to for assistance?

lmccrock

Drizzt - Have you fired it yet? Is there some reason to believe something is wrong? No issues with Hank, shot a match with him this weekend, just trying to save you money.

Lee

Drizzt

I haven't tried shooting it yet. I just really have no idea how well it has been maintained or really any of the history of this particular gun. I was Navy, so I don't have the background that the Grunts and Jarheads have in breaking these things down and checking them out. I will learn, but I would prefer to have someone who knows what they are looking at check it out first so that I don't take a small easily corrected problem and turn it into something bigger just because I don't know what I am doing. I know more than a fair piece about a lot of different firearms, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am a complete and total newbie when it comes to the AR.

Oldfalguy

Well your doing the right thing-
When you don't know ask-
Check with Hank first as he is open on odd days like Monday Wednesday and friday