Aussie Rifle Pictures

N00b_Shooter

Hey guys, haven't posted in a very long time and thought I'd start again by posting photos of my main rifles.

It was this forum that actually got me into shooting about 4 years back so thanks to everyone back then who helped me :)

First is a custom Rem 700 and the second is a TRG 42...

Any questions feel free to ask...

DSC_3388.jpg

P1010522.jpg

DSC_3414.jpg

Last edited:

N00b_Shooter

Sorry buys just woke up :p

The Remington is in .308, It just has a Match grade barrel, Jewell trigger, TacOps bolt knob and the old Rem 700 PSS HS Stock with the detachable mag.

The TRG is just in .300 Win Mag as there is talk down here about the .338 Lapua being banned :(

LSU12ga

How different is Purchasing a rifle in australia? Can one just go into a store and buy one, or is there some sort of special procedures required?

N00b_Shooter

To buy a rifle down here you need to get a permit, this is for each and every rifle you buy including air rifles.

Your first permit has a 28 day waiting period and everything after that takes about a week. Each state has different rules but you can still currently purchase any rifle in New South Whales from .50 cal and below.

There are other states where they reject the permit for calibers like .338 Lapua, .408 Cheytac, .460 Steyr, 50BMG. I'm afraid our state will eventually follow the same rules :(

Singlesix1954

Those Are some cool guns. I would like to see some targets. With the glass you'v chosen I'll bet you can drive some long range tacks. Any way check your PM.

Jim243

Those are nice and really like that TRG 42. It does not make any sense to ban the 338 and still approve the 300 Win Mag, actually it does not make any sense to ban any caliber except maybe a 20 mm or 30 mm.

Jim

N00b_Shooter

Thanks for the complements, I agree with you on the bans, they don't make any sense. The funny thing is, there's no problem with getting a .338 Win Mag or .338 RUM or a .700 Nitro if you really want one. They have just taken out calibers that are used by military forces.

The other stupid thing that I just found out is if you write 8.6x70 on your permit, they let you get it :p

I'm goin to the range on Tuesday so i'll take some photos then but with handloads the TRG will shoot a little under .5" and the 700 .25 at 100 meters, If I do my part :p

The reason I put the Schmidt and Bender on the Remington and not the TRG is because its more accurate and I use it more. Plus it makes a great 1000 meter scope. I get that question a lot :p

ndking1126

I was lucky enough to shoot a TRG 22 attached to a Leupold Mark 4. WOW, I was really impressed. Liked it even more than I thought I would.. you might say I was impressed with just how impressed I was :)

Ok, enough of that.. looks good!

bigautomatic

Welcome back. If those are the only two rifles that you own, I'd guess that they speak volumes about the character and priorities of the owner. These two fine rifles show patience and apreciation of quality. Love that Sako especially!

N00b_Shooter

Thanks everyone, they aren't my only 2 rifles, I have also got a Rem 788 in .243 a Parkerhale 1200 Deluxe in .243 an Interarms Mark X in 7mm Rem Mag and a CZ 453 varmint in .22lr

Just bought a Tikka T3 in a Manners stock with a few little mods, its in .243 as well so I'm gonna sell the .243's I already have and the 7mm as well. Need the cash :(