AUG A3 or a Tavor?

DubC-Hicks

Which would you guys buy? I know the Tavor is the new popular rifle, but is it truly better than the new AUGs? I'm really wanting to get a bullpup, just to try something different instead of another AR.

Is either more reliable than the other? I shoot a lot of steel cased, so will the adjustable gas system on the AUG be of help? Also, I know accuracy isn't great with bullpups, but is either better than the other?

It's a tough decision since I can't find any of these to try or even hold in person.

Tucker 1371

Well since I know little of either and I believe that both can adjust ejection for left handed shooters, I personally would take the AUG for two reasons: aesthetics and track record. The AUG just looks dang cool, to me the IWI looks like a cross between an AR15, a high point carbine, a super soaker, and a wild hog... in other words hideous. The AUG has been around since the 70s or 80s? The IWI is new and mostly unproven.

Like is said, I know next to nothing about these two rifles, so my opinion is only worth whatever value you assign to it

mfvh

AUG all the way !!!

I personally owned a Tavor and really didn't like it. The rifle have too much plastic that to me felt like cheap plastic. It got really hot after only a few shots in the range. It was heavy. And finally, it was really noisy. I still own a MSAR (american made by MicroTech AUG clone) which I love. It feels as good as a regular rifle, it's precise and dependable. Only complaint I have is proprietary magazines. So, to me, it's AUG all the way !!!

DubC-Hicks

Does the lower rail height of the Tavor cause any problems with standard height sights like the Eotech or Aimpoints? Do they need risers or taller rings to make up for the height difference?

DubC-Hicks

Alright, thanks. I was just a little concerned, it seems like the rail is quite a bit lower. Also, have you used any of the weaker ammo in your Tavor, like Tula?

Mrgunsngear

I vote Tavor. I've shot both a good bit and have a Tavor. For me, the only negative about the Tavor vs. the AUG is the recoil impulse. To me the AUG is slightly more controllable when running it hard.

Sheriff Gotcha

Don't know anything about the AUG and I've been researching the Tavor for about a month now. So far most reviews I find give a brief comparison between the Tavor and other bullpup rifles (AUG, FS2000, AR conversions etc) and usually prefer the Tavor based on the ambi abilities and especially the weight distribution/balance among other things.

Needless to say I am currently in the market for a Tavor, so I'm probably biased.

i too can vouch for the msar clone of the aug. great weapon.
not gonna lie tho, i really want a tavor.

the green one is stock. the black one has some modifications.

IMG_20120615_200825.jpg

cookie5

The Aug never exited me . The Tavor is more exciting. I prefer a mid length 16 inch AR 15 by BCM.. Cheap to buy easy to fix and parts are priced fairly.